Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to make a decision on what arrows to buy. It's between the PSE Carbon Force Radial X Weave Pro Arrows with 200 shafts, or the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows with 250 shafts. Just looking to get some opinions from anyone that has shot these arrows. I am shooting a Hoyt AlphaMax 27" inch draw, pulling 65 lbs.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,019 Posts
if it was me,i wouldn't go with either of those arrows. try some victory v force hv's. they are great arrows

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
if it was me,i wouldn't go with either of those arrows. try some victory v force hv's. they are great arrows
Well that's pretty much out of left field. Those arrows are not similar at all to the ones he is looking at, and are kind of a niche product. Not everyone is looking for a 6.1 gpi arrow to use for hunting.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
X weaves of those 2 choices.....the CX have a bulldog collar on them for a reason....they have a habit of cracking on the back end....

my wife is and has shot the xweave 100's all summer and heading into hunting season......stil has 10 left, NONE broke! lost 2 early in season....

i personally shoot goldtips but wouldn't have an issue with the xweaves for myself....i will not shoot a CX product again......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input........

Price is another issue. Carbon Express arrows are about $50 more per dozen than the X Weaves. Not sure if the Carbon Express arrows are worth $50 more.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Thanks for the input........

Price is another issue. Carbon Express arrows are about $50 more per dozen than the X Weaves. Not sure if the Carbon Express arrows are worth $50 more.
What about the regular maximas instead of the hunters? They are a bit lighter because they lack the camo, and the only other differences I see are price and they don't have the 'weight forward design'.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
PSE Radial X Weaves all the way. They are strong, straight, consistent weight per doz., and extremely accurate. Now with that said because of the way they are manufactured you have to be careful when you try to strip fletch off. It can be easily done just use common sense, use a dull knife and you won't have any problems.
DFA

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I just quit shooting X Weaves and will be shootimg Gold Tips, I have loved Gold Tip and needed some target arrows. Anyone I shot great with my X weaves I have Robin Hooded more arrows with them than any arrows all my life they shoot good, and with your draw length they will be pretty straight cut off. For price go with the X Weaves. Hope this was helpful and good luck.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I like X-Weaves a lot. I have been using them for hunting and 3-d for about 5 years now. They're a very tough and durable shaft.

You can't beat them for the money.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I shoot X-Weave Pro's and have shot a few into red oaks without damaging the arrow. Just unthread the point and it's ready to use again. I don't know how much stronger you want.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I shoot the Carbon express 350 max hunters and love them. A friend of mine shoots the predators which is their lower grade and has had some cracking issues at the nock. I have had zero issues with the maxima hunters and don't think I would change them for any other arrow.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
PSE and CX are korean made wrapped shafts and I havent had good luck with them either.They fly good, they just dont hold up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The regular Maxima has the same weight forward as the hunter,the only difference is that it is heavier. I shoot both and like them both,but the Maxima has a little stiffer spine,the X-weaves are a little lighter.:)

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I have two Bowtechs and I shoot X-weaves through one and Maximas through the other. My when it is time to replace the Maximas, I'll be going with X-weaves. They are just as accurate and way more affordable.

Automan

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Shot both

I have shot both for hunting and 3-D. I feel comfortable saying that as far bang for your buck goes the X-weaves are what you want. The Maximas have slightly better stats but I haven't noticed any significant groupings except the Maximas are a tiny bit faster. Im shooting 28/70 with bow arrows out of the same bow.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I used X weaves for years and they are a strong arrow. Ive blown thru block targets and hit concrete walls. After inspection there fine. If would go with the X weaves

1 - 20 of 36 Posts