Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 PSE XForce with the original HF cams that I purchased new three years ago. I have hunted exclusively with this bow and shot some 3D during that time. Never really kept track of how many shots, but probably average among serious archers I would guess.

Here is my problem. As I was packing up my equipment for my first hunt this weekend I noticed something was wrong with my bow. The camo finish is still flawless, no chipping or peeling at all. The cams are still in tune and the string looks amazing. Immediately I thought this can't be right, so I went out to shoot. It's still stacking arrows on top of each other at 30 yards and they are all straight into the target. What the heck is going on here? This has never happened before. Please any other XForce shooters chime in if you can help. I can't figure this one out...!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Damb you have a major problem I guess, I'm haven the same problem with my axe.:wink:

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
it must be contagious .....my axe has the same symptoms ....even out to 40.....

bow is perfect........practice arrows are beat up ,bad!.....i guess i'll have to live with it.......

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
I'm having the same dillema with my 2010 omen..shoot'in the bejesus out of it and cant seem to get it to go out of tune or time and the dang thing looks like the day i bought it! Like a freaking Dick Clark Bow!..Timeless...and it's ticking me off that i cant get it to get that "Aged/Seasoned Look". LOL!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
i don't now about yous but i'm sending mine back and going to mathews.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whew...! I'm sure glad I'm not the only one. Guess we will just have to deal with it the best we can...!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Fuuny...I say the same thing about my Assassin as I look at the 08 XForce HF on the hook. The virus is spreading...its...its CONTAGION!!!

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
i'm going to run over mine like that x-bow commercial,with my truck........maybe i can get it out-of-tune.....maybe....

well, i ran over it ...you guessed right ....flat tire....still can't get arrows out of the bull.......

going to run it through the washing machine,and dryer...see if that will help..

now it's clean,but still shooting bulls.....i'm at the end of my stabilizer ....help

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
I bought an xforce hf 6 in 07 and it looks as good as the day I bought it.I have won a few tournaments with it and killed 24 deer with it without a miss.I have also gotten 17 robinhoods with it.I also own an 08 xforce ss and a 2010 omen and a 08 gaurdian and a 08 drenalin and the xforce bows still look new while the other do not.best bow ever made IMHO is the 07-08 xforce hf 6 and dreamseason.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
ok guys calm down their is a cure .... it takes a little work,, but you simply have to find and draw on an animal, shoot a certain broadhead,,being sure that you do not fully nock the arrow and it will all come unwound so you can start over again,,it helps if you shoot 70 # or more with arrows weighing 200 grains or less if you want to speed up the process, take your arrows with broadheads attached, throw them in your bow case loose, and put it in the back of the truck,, drive around the lease roads twice and open the casse,, wallaa!! it is in pieces.. just like you had expected!!!

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
ok guys calm down their is a cure .... it takes a little work,, but you simply have to find and draw on an animal, shoot a certain broadhead,,being sure that you do not fully nock the arrow and it will all come unwound so you can start over again,,it helps if you shoot 70 # or more with arrows weighing 200 grains or less if you want to speed up the process, take your arrows with broadheads attached, throw them in your bow case loose, and put it in the back of the truck,, drive around the lease roads twice and open the casse,, wallaa!! it is in pieces.. just like you had expected!!!
I tried that and it still looks and shoots like new,but the broadhead got destroyed .got any more idea? I will try almost anything to fix this problem.

·
Registered
543 Posts
same here a little wax on the strings and everything still looks brand new. I love my x-force 7, go PSE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts