Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Had this PSE for a few months now, but just now starting to mess around with it. My ATA is a 1/4" long, which wouldn't be a big deal, but my poundage is down 4 pounds, maxing out at 56#. So, first thought is to put twists into bus cable to get ATA back in spec and poundage up. Dilemma is, the DL right now is spot on, and I'm worried I'd shorten it too much by putting twists into the bus cable, and then have to re-sync/time cams, and also worry about DL.

Primarily this is going to be an indoor spots bow, and other than being extremely picky, I can't really see a very good reason to go messing around with stuff.

What would you do? Guess I'm needing to talk this out more than anything else.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
The specs I'm most concerned with on a bow are DL and Draw weight...especially for indoor spots bow. If its tuned and you are happy with the weight I wouldn't feel compelled to mess with it. If you really want the 60# you have to add some twists and retune.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Unless I am mistaken twisting the buss cable will increase draw length.
Yes...to get to draw weight though will need to twist the buss cable. Then twist the control cable to resynch the cams. Then twist the string to bring DL back to spec. Basically shortening everything to reduce ATA and increase DW.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I may just leave it alone. It's going to be a dedicated spots bow and, maybe, known indoor 3D bow during winter. Don't see the need to get the extra DW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts