Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public land guys what do you hunt out of; climber, from the ground, preset stands or set up each time? I used a portable hangon with sticks that I setup each time but there has to be a better way.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
there is a better way, hang stands ahead of time and use screw in steps if possible. if steps are allowed maybe put them in a bag and hide them under a rock, easy in easy out, or take a climber out and lock it up if you like one area.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
chippawa wedge lock stand and lone wolf sticks fast and easy

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
Lw handclimber dont even know its on my back

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,859 Posts
I havent found a better way them my lonewolf and sticks.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Hang on stand with screw in steps. Usually I take it in and out. I did not for a while and lost a few stands to thieves. Unless I get out of my stand really late and plan on going back to it the next morning that is the only time I leave it.

·
BowhunterT100
6,539 Posts
lone wolf hand climber i love it

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hang on stands with Ameristep Rapid Rails, that I take the bottom sections off. Also have a ladder stand up in the mountain in a spot where no one really goes. Also use a Summit Titan Climber.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Climber but i have also used natural cover To build blinds and just take a stool. Public land has some very good oppertunites from were i am from.

·
Registered
131 Posts
lone wolf hand climber or lone wolf alpha hang on + sticks. can't use screw-in steps on Louisiana public land.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I use a climber or cheap crotch stands and carry a seat with me. I also use tree steps and take the first 3 out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I use a climber, if I leave it overnight I use a cable lock to secure it. I'm also careful about only setting up in areas I doubt anyone else is coming through.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
A lone wolf climber and my bow. Pack light and move fast.

·
Liv4Rut
7,332 Posts
Lw hang on and sticks 90% of time. Occasionally lw sit and.climb. all hang and hunt. Prefer hang on and.sticks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
I have to use a boat to get to my spot or walk for over an hour, 18' ladder stand locked up. I carry in a light hang on and rapid rails if I need to move in on a deer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use a ladder stand its s light weight stand I usually set it up the night before and leave it till seasons done.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
We have to take in take out couple areas I hunt so I use a 12' ladder & take it in/out with my Deer hauler. it's easier than my sticks & hang on everytime...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts