Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been spoiled the last 12 years hunting and a 30 acre prime hunting spot..This year is most likley my last, fingers crossed I decided to head out behind my parents place, public land today ...1st time out there this year Got all set up decoy and alll did some rattling .. And i hear a snap whistling sound and branches.... What was that i thought to my self then it came to me .....somebody just just at my decoy.. Bear in mind its a rhinehart deloma buck..2 demensional..and as he proceded to walk in through the woods i say Dude..its a decoy.. he missed anyway ,dont know why you would shoot through that much cover with a bow anyway, but was a greenhorn archery hunter from what i observed..But really is it getteng that bad..?I mean how embaressing

· Registered
1,710 Posts
I only hunt public ground and have seen some weird stuff over the years. Bowhunting season has been pretty tame though, outside of having a stand stolen 12yrs ago the only weird thing I've seen was a guy out scouting and leaving a scent trail during prime time. When he got close to me I let him know how I felt about him wandering around when he should have been hunting. Never saw that guy again after that.

Now gun hunting is a different story. I can't remember half the stupid stuff I've seen over the years.

· Registered
5,277 Posts
Public land hunting you'll always run into people. Last year i setup my treestand way out where i thought no one would ever be... wasn't even any trails. Then 2hrs after day light i hear some ATV getting closer and closer. Eventually got to the point i saw somebody 30yds from my stand. Out here you're not even allowed to have motorized vehicles on state land. If i'm glassing and i see another hunter i'll try my best to avoid them or go in the opposite direction. Even talked to a few on trail and strategized which ways we'd go to avoid each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.