Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was curious if you guys have any tips for putting a lock on stand on public property? i was thinking to hang it as high as i can and on my way down when done hunting that i could take off the last 2 or 3 sticks. that way they wouldnt have an easy time getting it. i was also gonna lock it there. thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
when using my hang-on on public property i usually put the stand up well before season and lock it to the tree with a treestand lock. I then take the whole stick off the tree. Whenever i want to hunt it i usually plan an evening hunt and go out a little early that night and put the sticks up and i hunt the spot the next morning and take them down. Way too many thieves out there and sticks are way to easy to steal.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
i was curious if you guys have any tips for putting a lock on stand on public property? i was thinking to hang it as high as i can and on my way down when done hunting that i could take off the last 2 or 3 sticks. that way they wouldnt have an easy time getting it. i was also gonna lock it there. thanks
That's about all you can do.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
when using my hang-on on public property i usually put the stand up well before season and lock it to the tree with a treestand lock. I then take the whole stick off the tree. Whenever i want to hunt it i usually plan an evening hunt and go out a little early that night and put the sticks up and i hunt the spot the next morning and take them down. Way too many thieves out there and sticks are way to easy to steal.
I do this as well. So far (knocks on wood) I haven't lost my stand yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts