Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the bow off the rack, noticed it was heavy but held solid. Then i pulled it back and it was smooth and stopped dead. I let the bow down and it didnt rip my arm off. I didnt shoot it cause it woulda been coming home with me. Anyone want to buy a Drenalin?

· Registered
868 Posts
Our local dealer finally got a MONSTER. He had it all set up and it weighed almost 6 pounds. A little too heavy for me. The draw was smooth until the hump at the end. Just not the bow I thought it would be. Glad I got the Alphamax 32 last week.

· Registered
641 Posts
I'm not sure where you're going with the wt issue. I mean the Alphamax 32 weighs 3.9 lbs bare. The monster 4.1 lbs. If you set them up identically, I seriously doubt you would feel 2 oz. difference. But then again....... the princess felt the pea.

· Registered
2,025 Posts
I shot it on Friday along with an Elite 500. I didn't care for the Elite to much but if I wasn't going to buy a pair of Swarovski SLC's I would have ordered one. Very fast compared to what I shoot. And I thought it had well after the shot. The weight was not an issue to me.

· Registered
100 Posts
Oops, I stand corrected. The monster is 5 oz heavier, not 2. It may make a difference.
16oz in a pound , so that would be 8oz diff. so a half of pound. i like heavy bows anyway, butt i did not like the monster way to stiff of draw and too short of brace height,than agian i did not like the x-force either ,other than the grip they felt the same.

· Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure where you're going with the wt issue. I mean the Alphamax 32 weighs 3.9 lbs bare. The monster 4.1 lbs. If you set them up identically, I seriously doubt you would feel 2 oz. difference. But then again....... the princess felt the pea.
Hey sunstroked ,can i get a copy of your princess and the pea book.

· Registered
412 Posts
monster weight 4.4lbs am weight 3.9 lbs 4.4-3.9=.6 lbs 16 oz in a lbs .6 x16= 9.6 oz that means there is a 9.6 oz difference between the monster and the am any more math lessons i will be taking paypal for payment thank you

· Strive for perfection....
9,432 Posts
All of the talk about the Monster, its draw and speed and you guys are stuck on a few ounces? How much do limb savers weigh? Be Careful not to add too much string wax!:mg:

I shot the Monster last night and was very impressed! I did notice a small amount of load up just prior to the nice valley but after shooting it a few times, it was not an issue. I am going back this week with my release (to ensure a correct fit) and will place an order.

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Liar.:eek:

I took the bow off the rack, noticed it was heavy but held solid. Then i pulled it back and it was smooth and stopped dead. I let the bow down and it didnt rip my arm off. I didnt shoot it cause it woulda been coming home with me. Anyone want to buy a Drenalin?

· Registered
6,281 Posts
I spit my soda out

This post is too funny......people incorrectly "correcting" the addition and subtraction is a HOOT.....and I thought this was about the Monster.

Anyway...........compared to the old Martin Fury, PSE Gforce/Baby-G, and Hoyt Smoke/Deviator.........the new Omen/Warthog/Monster flat out ROCK.

I am not into that short of a Brace height........but you gotta respect the engineering.....all are very nice.......but kinda like drivin a top fuel dragster to the drug store.

To the dude who ordered the 80#er......God Bless you, my heavy poundage days are over...but that one should be fun to play with.

· Registered
11,788 Posts
yeah its pretty bad when you correct someones math and then you are wrong too duhhhhh
Especially when you're all picky about math and correct people with poor grammar and spelling.

What's this Monster? A compound? 80# is fairly common in recurves. :read2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.