Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1866855&highlight=pulley+press

So i am going off of this thread withone exception. I want to be able to use this press to swap out limbs as well on my parallel limb Elite. So because i dont believe you can do this with the bowmaster adapter i have designed my own. I will be makeing them this week but here's a pic of what they should look like.
I'm going to coat the fingers in plasty dip(a rubber dip) and the steel will be 1/4" hardened steel. If you look in the picture of the side profile you will see that i am also going to weld on a "safety ledge" it may not be neccessary but i want to make sure after i take the strings off and i let out the rope that my limbs wont just pop off of the adapter and snap. I figuer with a little ledge i do away with this concern and as long as it has a flat portion coated in rubber dip it wont mar up my finish. Also at the bottom of my limb adapter i will have just one hole drilled for one carabine and pully instead of two.

Please give me some advice or food for thought as to what i can do to make this design better. Please comment only if you are going to add to the post, dont just comment "That's dumb, buy a $800 bow press for your $200 bow."

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
huh? I was certain i was gonna get an earfull

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i'm gonna fabricate the limb adapters today so any 2 cents to add?

·
Registered
544 Posts
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1866855&highlight=pulley+press

So i am going off of this thread withone exception. I want to be able to use this press to swap out limbs as well on my parallel limb Elite. So because i dont believe you can do this with the bowmaster adapter i have designed my own. I will be makeing them this week but here's a pic of what they should look like.
I'm going to coat the fingers in plasty dip(a rubber dip) and the steel will be 1/4" hardened steel. If you look in the picture of the side profile you will see that i am also going to weld on a "safety ledge" it may not be neccessary but i want to make sure after i take the strings off and i let out the rope that my limbs wont just pop off of the adapter and snap. I figuer with a little ledge i do away with this concern and as long as it has a flat portion coated in rubber dip it wont mar up my finish. Also at the bottom of my limb adapter i will have just one hole drilled for one carabine and pully instead of two.

Please give me some advice or food for thought as to what i can do to make this design better. Please comment only if you are going to add to the post, dont just comment "That's dumb, buy a $800 bow press for your $200 bow."
I'll throw out a concern, it may or may not matter. Assembled your fingers will probably engage and work fine, however as you release the tension and the limbs change angle to the fingers, your "safety ledge" may not fully engage the limbs. Most limbs have a radius on the ends, combined with the rubber coating on the fingers may not leave enough of a contact point. I will admit, I may not fully understand how the BM works and how your fingers will work with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i see your concern, the safety ledge is gonna be a bit bigger than it appears in the picture. The only reason i think this will still work is if you look at the synunm press the limbs arent much different than my design. So i assume the design should be able to contain the limbs just due to pure friction, but i'm adding a ledge just in case.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got a bow with past paralel limbs so i scrubed the project. Not to mention my buddy with the welder has been too busy. so i'm closin the thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts