Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

The family has gotten engulfed with archery right before my son left for the Army. He will be back from his training this summer and I have promised him a bow for doing so well. There are places around here I can take him to test the full lines of PSE, Elite, Prime, Athens, Hoyt, Matthews, Bowtech, and Bear bows. This is what I did when I chose mine. However, there is no where to try an obsession in the area. There is one archery shop which carries the Obsession line but the owner says he will not stock the bow...you have to order it in...and if you order it you basically pay for it. Informed him I wont buy a bow sight unseen and then he informs me that maybe I should look at the models he has in stock...two bows that's it.

I have spoke with the people at Obsession...actually recently when I was looking for my bow and they were super nice...and they said they will send a bow completely setup and if I don't like it I can return it. My concern is this...will he appreciate the Phoenix, Evolution, or the Addiction...and cant, even if they will, have them send three different bows setup. I would also like him to shoot one side by side to compare with some of the others.

So were any of you in a similar situation...how did you get around it...or did you just bite the bullet and order it. Was thinking maybe have him shoot the others...find the specifics in a bow he likes (BH, ATA, weight, valley, etc) and then have them send the Obsession most similar to that. But I feel if they send it there will be this obligation even though he may like one of the other bows. Anyway, if any of you that have purchased an Obsession under similar situation would like to share with me how you dealt with this I would greatly appreciate it. I love the bow I picked but was a bit disappointed I did not get the opportunity to try the Obsession...it was on my high interest list...would like to give him an opportunity to at least try one. Thanks

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Have him try the Phoenix as with its BH it will be in between the others mentioned he will enjoy it as it's only a few fps slower than the evolution.really you aren't out anything for trying one.good luck and congrats on your sons achievements

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Have him try the Phoenix as with its BH it will be in between the others mentioned he will enjoy it as it's only a few fps slower than the evolution.really you aren't out anything for trying one.good luck and congrats on your sons achievements
I agree, have Obsession send you a Phoenix. Plenty of speed with a 7" brace height. I have one on order, having never seen (other than pictures) or shot a Phoenix. It will be my 5th Obsession model purchased sight unseen. I have been extremely impressed with all my Obsession Bows, and the customer service that comes with one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses...looks like having them send the Phoenix might be the ticket...I still have time to talk with him as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts