Archery Talk Forum banner

Put A Friend On One....

491 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MakeItCount
My buddy Richard showed up out here at 2:00 this afternoon....Wanted his bowstring re-served, and three arrows fletched. Got his bow and arrows fixed up, he shot it a few times to make sure everything was kosher, and I asked him if he wanted to stick around and hunt this evening....He jumped at the chance, and asked me if he could try some of these Rage broadheads I had here at the house and wasn't planning to hunt with....I gave him a few, and he went out and fired a couple of shots off with the practice head to be sure they were on. They were hitting good, so I took him to the stand, which is about 300 yards behind my house. I was gonna stop back by the house and grab my gear and then head to the stand myself. Anyway, I dropped him off, got back here, and was putting my boots on when he called me.....He was so excited he coudn't even hardly talk....Less than 10 minutes on the stand, and he shot this ol' nanny. Only his second deer ever with a bow, and the first one in 6 years.....He's been on a serious long-term dryspell. He shot her at about 18 yards, and that Rage tore her butt up. Went about 75-100 yards, with a really good bloodtrail.....The entry was a little high and far back, but the exit was about right with the angle.....Got a lung and the liver, along with some guts. He kinda rushed the shot, but it all turned out OK.

I never even got to the stand this afternoon, but it was still a great evening.....That boy couldn't quit grinning, and was as excited as I've ever seen anybody about a deer. It could have been a P&Y and he wouldn't have been any more pleased.

115#

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job Clint....good feeling, ain't it?
Yes sir, it is....He was due for one. Just glad I was fortunate enough to share the moment with him. Days like today are what it's all about....

· Registered
2,939 Posts
Thats awesome, nasty hole for a broadhead that seems to be the blame for some many lost deer.:wink:

· Registered
1,539 Posts
probably has the screws in it and not the pin.............................:eek:

congrats to your friend.........

· Registered
72 Posts
congrats to your buddy!! gotta love makin' someones day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.