Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad::mad:

agreed to take a look at an older bow for someone, loaded an arrow, began to draw.

WHAP

the string snapped... i dont think there is any muscle damage i can flex it and make a fist without pain, but my wrist is swelling with blood where the snapped string apparently caused catastrophic damage to a vein. I know chances are low that there is a doctor lurking but incase there is... does this swelling mass of blood beneath my skin need to be drained.

for those with other questions.... the string was worn somewhere around the lower cam... i cant figure out how... and i was drawing the bow with a safe draw...

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
what were you thinking:confused::confused:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just told you... i inspected the bow, i used an arrow... and a safe draw...

freak accident

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hope you are ok,If there is any doubt, you may want to go get it checked out if it is that bad.On second thought if you are on AT it must not be that awfully painful.:tongue:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you are ok,If there is any doubt, you may want to go get it checked out if it is that bad.On second thought if you are on AT it must not be that awfully painful.:tongue:
there is no pain, just a giant mass of blood :eek:

im icing it

i took all the precautions and still got burned.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
:mad::mad:

agreed to take a look at an older bow for someone, loaded an arrow, began to draw.

WHAP

the string snapped... i dont think there is any muscle damage i can flex it and make a fist without pain, but my wrist is swelling with blood where the snapped string apparently caused catastrophic damage to a vein. I know chances are low that there is a doctor lurking but incase there is... does this swelling mass of blood beneath my skin need to be drained.

for those with other questions.... the string was worn somewhere around the lower cam... i cant figure out how... and i was drawing the bow with a safe draw...
YES... get the thing drained pretty quick! A buddy of mine had major trauma to his hand/wrist when we were kids and his hand swole up about the size of a softball... they were worried about nerve damage from all the swelling. It would be a good idea to get it looked at anyway to rule out any nurve damage. I know you don't want that to set in on your bow hand!

I am not a Doc... I just would hate to see you "tough it out" and be sorry later on, when a simple examination by a doc to see if your nerves are still intact would give you A LOT of peace of mind at the very minimum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts