Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time replacing a string a cables on a bow by myself. It is on an Xpedition X7. I imagine I will have to basically start at the beginning as far as tuning goes? Get the twists right and get all the specs back in place?

I have a QAD HDX on the bow and my biggest question is, do I wait until the bow is in spec and shooting good bareshaft holes through paper before serving in the rest cord? And can I get by without using or tying in a peep for just bareshafting through paper? Or if everything is in spec, I should be good to go and then just have to yoke tune from there?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Dudley (nock-on) has a great video that will make this a much easier process.......
I suggest doing cables first, shoot them in, then do the string. Dud shows how to mark your cam and everything.....

·
Registered
9,891 Posts
Measure and document every dimension before you remove the existing string and cables. ATA, brace, and pounds. Peep location, is your D loop square now, and location of the QAD string attachment location. Take pictures of how the cables are routed. Place an arrow along the top cam and see where it intersects the string to initially set your yokes. Note or mark cam sync.
This will make it much quicker to tune your bow.
I like to get the pounds correct first, then the cam sync then recheck the poundage. This is really the heart of it, then you can tune!

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
when the strings come to you they should have the ends tied. do not untie untill they are ready to put on, they will untwist. i start with the cables install them than the bow string. after that i install my D loop. I than go to my hanging scale and pull down on the bow 5 or 6 times. I than install my peep like said take messurements before, I adjust peep so it some what comes inline. i than crank my limb bolts all the way in ( I back them out when i first press) with my draw board I check my timing adjust, my Ato A next and brace than check my draw wt.at this time I,am ready to start paper tuning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts