Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Most items you are looking for are personal preference. I would say the essentials for mine would be A WInner's Choice string and cable, a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rests, an STS and then the sight of your liking.

TEXAS

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
If I had a SwitchBack and wanted to set it up extremely well

Winner's Choice 452x strings and cables
Sword Micro Apex 3rd Plane
Big Dawg Stabilizer
RipCord Drop-Away Rest
CX Maxima arrows with 2 inch Blazers
100 grain G5 Striker
VibeKiller (from AT'er CoolHandLuke)
Hawg Magnet Apple Chewing Gum:wink:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Doc said:
If I had a SwitchBack and wanted to set it up extremely well

Winner's Choice 452x strings and cables
Sword Micro Apex 3rd Plane
Big Dawg Stabilizer
RipCord Drop-Away Rest
CX Maxima arrows with 2 inch Blazers
100 grain G5 Striker
VibeKiller (from AT'er CoolHandLuke)
Hawg Magnet Apple Chewing Gum:wink:

You just described your bow to a tee sir.:tongue:

TEXAS

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
TEXAS 10PT said:
You just described your bow to a tee sir.:tongue:

TEXAS
This is the last year for my SwitchBack. I have been speaking with the insiders at Martin and you can bet I'll have a _______ as soon as the left hand production run is fresh out of the factory.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am no expert but I just set up my new Switchback XT and this is what I picked.

I got a Spot Hogg Hunter sight and love it. It is very sturdy and adjustable. By far the best sight I have ever had. I am very very happy with it. It is expensive, but I don't think you can go wrong with it. I think it is the best made archery accessory I have ever owned.

I started with a Kaz-away rest. It shot pretty well, but made too much noise. The manufacturer said it was probably defective, so they will replace it, which was impressive customer service. But I didn't want to wait, so I switched to a QAD Ultra Pro. In one day of shooting I like the QAD.

I started with a peep and switched to an Anchor Site. So far I like the Anchor, but that is really personal preference. I think a perfectly set up peep is more accurate, but the Anchor is easy to adjust, so I have moved myself into a more comfortable position and can now shoot with both eyes open. I love the added visibilty. I may ultimately move back to a peep, but it is a worthwhile experiment. If I do move back to a peep, it will be one with a much larger opening to accomodate the Spott Hogg sight.

I bought a string suppressor from MeanV2 and like it as well. It took out the small amount of hand shock in the XT.

I ordered Vapor Trail String and Cables today. The stock string seems to move a lot, so I am taking the advice of many posters here and replacing them. The stock strings made using a peep without a tube very difficult.

·
Registered
365 Posts
A lot of it will be personal preference. I like the Trophy Ridge in-line sights because you can micro adjust the pins without the use of an allen wrench. I went with a Schaffer’s fall away rest works good. For a quiver I would highly suggest the Alpine Soft Lock. It is a 2 piece quiver that is partially made if foam and is dead quiet. http://www.alpinearchery.com/softloc.asp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts