Archery Talk Forum banner

Puzzle?

565 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jacobh
here is a puzzle for ya. Hit a buck broadside today. Heard hit. Slick mag.. Found two pieces of arrow. Arrow broke third of the way up. with grizzle and meat type on it and some white hairs. Blades gone. Both pices of arrow in grass on opposite side of deer? Must have been a low hit. No blood to speak of on front piece of arrow. None on back side. Looks like arrow went into something and broke like lower front leg bone, but how did both pieces come out and end up on other side of deer? Confusing,,strange?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
I hit one in the front leg. Simular results. Bh broke off at the threads. Blood and hair just at the tip of the arrow. Found bone and gristle. No deer.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I hit the leg facing me wld have broke at the tip but this penetrated 3rd of the way up the arrow and broke. Only possible answer is I went thru the brisket and the running deer broke off the arrow . I practiced at 31 yrds and did not see much dif from my target arrow frm 25 ,,but shld have practiced with my slick mag at 35. I did today ofter the miss and it definitely drops a good 4 inches. Guess I need to give up shooting at deer on this 35 yrd trail. don't like the idea of aiming high so arrow drops in and all that at a moving buck. And don't want to adjust my scope for 35 as all the rst of my spots are 25 yrds or less.

· Registered
2 Posts
here is a puzzle for ya. Hit a buck broadside today. Heard hit. Slick mag.. Found two pieces of arrow. Arrow broke third of the way up. with grizzle and meat type on it and some white hairs. Blades gone. Both pices of arrow in grass on opposite side of deer? Must have been a low hit. No blood to speak of on front piece of arrow. None on back side. Looks like arrow went into something and broke like lower front leg bone, but how did both pieces come out and end up on other side of deer? Confusing,,strange?
Hey there!
I am a player of puzzles. I had solved many puzzles in my life. But I really like
Jumble text twist solver because it is a word unscrambler tool used to help users when playing word games or solving anagrams. Free and simple to use, Jumble Solver makes all possible words from the letters given. Use it to win Scrabble, WWF, or Crosswords.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts