Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this stand last night out of 1 1/2 inch pvc from lowes.
The cost was just under $25 and took about 2 hours to build.
It has a plug in the back to add water or sand to weigh it down.
In the up right position it is great for sighting in bows.if you lay it down it puts the target closer to the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
nice ...:thumbs_up

·
Mathews Reezen Hunter
117 Posts
can you give a description on how you made it? i mean i can figure it out, but like specific lengths and parts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am curious. What purpose does the stand have? I have always just set my bag on the ground and I have never really had any issues with that. But I have family members that are plumbers and alway have extra pvc. I figure surely I can make one of those if its a difference maker. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I am curious. What purpose does the stand have? I have always just set my bag on the ground and I have never really had any issues with that. But I have family members that are plumbers and alway have extra pvc. I figure surely I can make one of those if its a difference maker. Thanks.
It gets it up closer to shoulder height, and allows the bag to swing and absorb a little of the impact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for those who want i can give you a detailed list of parts and lenghts of the pieces to cut.please feel free to PM me and i will send you a list of everything.i used a compound miter saw to cut the pvc so every joint was perfectly straight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is the material list some of you have been asking for

3) 10 foot sticks oh 1 1/2 inch pvc
4) 90 degree elbows
9) sanitery t's
4) 45 degree inside fittings
2) 90 degree inside fittings
1) 1 1/2 inch clean out (optional)

cut 3 pieces at 32" long 3 front cross members of target
cut 4 pieces at 15" long upper front legs
cut 2 pieces at 14" long lower front legs
cut 2 pieces at 27" long two bottom sides
cut 2 pieces at 14 3/4" long back of target for the sanitary t for clean out
cut 2 pieces at 3" long rear of target out of sanitary t
cut 2 pieces at 39" long angled back brace

if you do not want the sanitary t clean out then cut 4 32" pieces instead of three and disregaurd the 2) 14 3/4 pieces the clean out is there for if you wish to weigh it down with sand all you have to do is fill in the bottom

here is a reference sorry i had to do it in ms paint

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pvc stand

if anyone has ?'s please feel free to pm me sorry for the quality of the directions. it is hard to draw something up in MS paint email if you want more pics the site wont let me upload for some reason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it works amaizing i made 2 of them one for me and one for a freind of mine
you can hit the bag with a baseball bat and the stand doesnt move..im thinging of making a smaller one for the small blocks and bags

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have built a couple of these , but I did not use the bottom frame that sits on the ground. I did use the back legs with a cross brace, but under the front T on the bottom, I added a piece with a cap, drilled a hole thru the pvc and used lawn mower wheels so I could easily move it from my basement to where I shoot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
very nice:shade::shade::shade::teeth::teeth::D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the design. Could it be dry-fit together or does it need to be glued? I am concerned about how much space it would take up.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts