Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my design for a portable archery stand. Just bought a new Third Hand Rag Bag and needed a way to hang it. I purchased some 1 1/2" PVC along with the glue and Schd 40 connections at my local big box store. Hope you like them. IMAG0522.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The measurement are for the frame 4 3' pieces of 1 1/2" PVC, 4 2' 6" pieces for legs, and 2 4" for connection between leg and frame. You will also need 4 Tees. I used the schedule 40 T's on this stand. These worked better than the dwv T's that I used on my first stand. You will also need 2 90's.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next, I glued the frame together. IMAG0523.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glue the short 4" pieces into the tops of the T's. *DO NOT GLUE these into the Frame part, or it will not be portable. IMAG0524.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next, Glue the 2' 6" legs into either side of the T's and let it dry. You are now ready for transportation. IMAG0525.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you get to the area you are shooting at, simply attach the legs to frame to the Top of the leg. The friction is plenty to give you all the support that you need. It does help having a minivan or truck to carry this. IMAG0526.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I simply tie my bags on with rope and a handy square knot. Hope this post is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions. IMAG0527.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts

Mine is a little less portable than yours. Threw this together with some scrap wood for a fish fry we had in August. Ate fish all day and shot bows. Had about 12 shooters and this thing held up great. Not bad for 20 minutes of cutting and screwing. i have since added some some braces to the bottom to make it more sturdy.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. I have my range set up at my in laws and I have to take them down after every shoot. A day of shooting and eating a fish fry sounds like a great day.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Very nice idea and design..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts