Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a QAD Pro dropaway rest and attaching the cord to the cable slide instead of the cables? I was using a Ripcord like this but it started to tear the cord apart because of the sharp angle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know a BowTech dealer up in Illinois that sets up hundreds of UR's on the slide. He has great results. I personally like to connect to the down buss cable and use the cable clamp. The clamp is so easy. Just put the rope in (no Bowpress) leave it loose enough to slide on the cable with a little friction, pull the rope slack through and go to full draw - it self adjusts - let down and tighten the clamp. It only weighs a few grains.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Bowtech Tribute and if you put a dropaway cord on the down cable it changes your letoff. Then you need to put twists in the cables and such that I dont want to mess with. So far its worked great on the slide but I just wanted to see if anyone had any secerts to attaching it to the slide that helps it work smoothly. I did reverse the cord so that it pulls smoother from the cable slide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts