Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Q2death guy:

I shoot a Mathews Q2. In fact last November I shot a 17 point non-typical that scored over 200 P&Y. Did speed matter all that much? I imagine it is shooting around 285 fps. All I know is it ran an arrow clear through this trophy deer and brought him down. If you are so hung up on speed-put a bigger engine in your truck!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ya Q2 i wouldn't worry about it too much, speed is a big thing with me too.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,577 Posts
How about posting a picture of this 200"+ non-typical.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Speed

SW,maybe q2 dosen't want to drive fast he just wants to shoot fast. Nothin' wrong with that.:p

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
I just saw the post on my ego. Thanks for the support guys. Everything I post on here is done with a good dose of sense of humor. Yea, I throw some attitude in there but it's all in fun, for some of us. Some get "butthurt". That's hilarious! Is there anything wrong with likeing a fast bow? Is it my fault that Hoyt makes a great one? I'm not gonna start crying if somebody wants to shoot 600gr. arrows at 240fps.C'mon! I didn't know bowhunters could be so fragile. The greatest thing about archery is individuality. There is nothing wrong with a little good natured razzing. Some just don't know how to take it.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
that's nothing

i have the slowest arrows on the planet -- somewhere around 179 fps. And I'm dang proud of it. I shoot wimpy weights, have a short draw and fat arrows.

That's right -- I'm bad. Slow is cool. :cool: So I'm calling you guys out. Get slow like me or you aint' nothing. Heck I want to go slower. Some day I hope to be aiming up at a 45 degree angle just to shoot 20 yards.

:D ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
no way oxford you win everytime i go slow the deer jump the string:D

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Skywarrior, that pic? We're waitn' for the pic of the 200+ NT - would you mind posting a copy of the P&Y score sheet too :) Really like to see a nice sized deere ya know :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ox, you da man... that's why I sometimes shoot a longbow..
not just because it's fun, but because it's cool to shoot
163 fps with big fat arrows to match my big fat self....
Last time I checked, didn't matter if you're shooting 2000
fps or 200, hitting what yer aiming at is what's important..

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
pokin' along

163 fps!! DAMN yer good!! Must be an awesome sight to see. Nothing like resting your bow on your shoulder while watching and waiting for your arrow to hit something. Nice work.

Someday I hope to be in your league. But I'm slowly working on it. :D

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Ox, is that so the deer jumps the string...lands, and then forgets why it jumped before the arrow gets there? Just wondering... :rolleyes: Good Luck and Safe Shootin'.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
now yer getting it!!

bowsmith - well you guys are finally figuring out the magic of a slow arrow. The deer jumps on the sound of the arrow firing. Then lands, looks around, bends down to eat, looks around, sniffs the air,,,,THEN WAMMMM (ok thud) the arrow nails him (or bounces off him).

;)

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
I did see the picture,but it still does not look like a 200" buck to me. I have see several that go over 200" and this one does not look like it in the picture. This is the 3rd or 4th time this picture has been posted and the first time I seen it I did not think it would go 200" and still don't see it. It must just be a bad picture of the deer head.

Here are 2 that I love to look at that just brake 200" typical and they look HUGE compared to skywarrior buck.

LeEarl

Attachments

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
LeEarl, I agree with you on the score. Being VERY friendly on the numbers, the most I can see there is upper 170`s. Mid 160`s is probably more realistic.

Great buck, don`t get me wrong. But not close to two hundred inchs of bone!

BTW, I never get tired of looking at Mel Johnsons buck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts