Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bow Bender
6,312 Posts
Yes.....depends on if you want low or high profile vanes. I shot the Fusions this last year and they steered my fixed blade heads just as good as the Rapt-x did, so I'm going to stick with them. Either way, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
8,641 Posts
They both are really good, I would go with whichever vane looks better to you.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yes.....depends on if you want low or high profile vanes. I shot the Fusions this last year and they steered my fixed blade heads just as good as the Rapt-x did, so I'm going to stick with them. Either way, you can't go wrong.
The 2.1 Fusion is a very high profile vane. You must have used a different one if it was low profile

I would prefer the Raptors given the options you listed. I hunted with them for two seasons as well as shot 3D with them for a season. They’re a good vane. For me, the material wasn’t as forgiving or durable as a blazer. The accuracy was equal to a blazer but the blazer material held shape better so I went back to those. I also liked the channel in the base of the blazer.

Now I prefer the Max Stealth over any other hunting vane. I also use it for larger diameter target arrows. Great steering and pretty quiet in flight. They do require a little more to fletch but when you do it like they recommend, the adhesion is second to none. You just need to use their MAXweld primer pen in addition to their Max Bond glue. Excellent vanes, I can’t recommend them enough. I noticed a difference in group size on my 3D bow over a blazer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Fusion 2.1 and fusion x are now my preferred choice. 2.1 on my hunting arrow and 1.7 in a 4 fletch for Target n 3d. I like 4 fletch as I can max out my slider sight n send em 150yds

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Fusions for me

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have side by side shot the 3" fusions and The AAE Max Stealth's fletched in the same jig.(right hel.) Both group insanely well. During this 6 month period the fusions have held up better. My disclaimer would be that i di not use the activator pen for the aae's but did clean them. all in all both are good. I just keep going back to fusions.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Both will work great for you. I personally run the Fusion X II 2.1's in a four fletch and they fly great!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Why not use blazers? I've been out of archery for about 3 years. I've always used blazers, so I'd love to know what the difference is.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have been using the fusion x II 2.75". I didn't see this size on their website but ordered them from Goldtip. I really like the bases on the vanes. They stick extremely well without having to clean and prep them. Tried the AAE max stealth before this and could not get them to work for me. I tried all of the prep. The pen and glue. Just kept falling off. The fusion so far seems like an extremely durable vane.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Hunter of many things
12,127 Posts
Fusion 3 fletch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
993 Posts
I run Raptors for hunting and the Fusions for 3D. Both are great vanes and to answer rogueworrier, the bases where they adhere to the arrow are soooo much better than Blazers. Flatter and just plain stick better. I still have a pile of Blazers that I fletch all my buddies arrows with. Lol :mg:

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
I run Raptors for hunting and the Fusions for 3D. Both are great vanes and to answer rogueworrier, the bases where they adhere to the arrow are soooo much better than Blazers. Flatter and just plain stick better. I still have a pile of Blazers that I fletch all my buddies arrows with. Lol :mg:
I agree. Q2I stick/adhere way better. I've switched over to them exclusively.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Switched from AAE to Fusions this year and couldn't be happier. Great product, super tough and best of all they stick great which is something I could never consistently get with AAE's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts