Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting my Q2XL for quite a few years now and absolutely love it. I have tried alot of the 05-08 bows in the past few years and can't find a bow that feels as good as the Q2. I need some opinions on new bows that are just as smooth as old faithful. I shot the new stuff from mathews and I'm not impressed. They should have never changed a thing. I know everybody is chasing speed but speed isn't everything to me.I'm more int. in smooth solid and quiet. Shoot me some suggestions guys. It's new bow time

· Registered
352 Posts
I sold my Q2XL on here and bought a diamond Marquis. I like it much, much better. Loads of difference.

· Registered
8,250 Posts
if it ain't broke don't fix it. i have the regular Q2 and these earlier bows by mathews are better than their newer ones. i've shot the marquis and the black ice, both made by bowtech (the diamond line). the marquis was smoking fast but loud and had a little vibration. the black ice is the best shooting bow i have shot. but with the problems bowtech is having, i will never buy one. do yourself a favor and keep old reliable. your Q2XL is a great performer and the deer don't care what you shoot them with.

· Registered
37 Posts
I also have a Q2XL and share the same thoughts you do! Year after year I would go to the bow shops looking for a new one only to be disappointed until this year when I picked up a HOYT KATARA, It was love at first shot!!!

· Registered
1,491 Posts
If you like the q2xl you may be like a lot of shooters that don't care for any of the parallel limb bows. The fad now is short ata, light weight and parallel limbs. None of which contribute to what the q2 xl and hoyt ultra tec had to offer. I would suggest shooting the Hoyt 737. the draw cycle is quite different than your q2xl, but not as harsh as these new speed freak bows. It also has some "feel" to the shot which I also like. JAVI himself compared shooting a parallel limb bow to necrophilia:pukey: -That is one I won't soon forget, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.