Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a qad on an Omen. This will be my hunting and 3D bow for the coming year. Is the Hunter the bang for the buck best choice or is the $100 difference going to top shelf HDX the way to go? I don't have a penile issue so I just want what will work for the cross platform use. Some advice here would help a lot as I'm hitting the shop today and he is a very busy guy and would like to be able to say "that one".

·
Registered
836 Posts
I believe with the QAD rest you get what you pay for. I use only the HDX, and love them. Have them on 2 different bows, and have had them for years. Every time I hear a complaint about a QAD it seems its the lower priced ones. The only thing I can say bad about them is the string that comes on the rest. It is too stiff for me, hard to get a good knot in it, so I change it. Well that and I like to color match. Get a HDX.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,115 Posts
I agree with Dean.

Plus, the Omen is a bit of a brute. I'd want the beefier rest if it were me.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The gearing and bearings are diff in the hunter, not as fast falling. For a fast bow like the omen go with the HDX

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The model right below the hdhz is the best bang for the buck. You get all the bounce back resistance and other great features but way cheaper than the hdx. I believe it's the QAD pro or LD

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The model right below the hdhz is the best bang for the buck. You get all the bounce back resistance and other great features but way cheaper than the hdx. I believe it's the QAD pro or LD
Yes it's the QAD ultrarest LD. EXACT same internals as the HDX, just doesn't have the curved containment bar or micro adjust for the cord. If you want to save a little money the LD is about $30 cheaper than the HDX for basically the same rest. I would stay away from the hunter.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That LD sounds like the ticket then. Thanks for the help guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
90 of my bow sales are Monsters....99% of my rest sales are QAD Hunters...they work just fine and have the same spring and drop system as the HD&LD without the lockdown, dovetail windage & elevation

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same QAD HDX on three different bows now and it's flawless. Easy to set up and great adjustability. Also I like the curved full capture top bar for extra clearance. Lots of archery stores sell them on ebay where I bought mine. Usually can pick up one with a sog knife brand new for $100 in any color you choose..

·
Registered
146 Posts
I shot a QAD Hunter on my previous bow, opted for a QAD LD on my new 2013 Brute X. While the hunter was a decent rest and an improvement over the whisker bisquit I previously shot, I never was able to eliminate all fletching contact due to the launcher bouncing back. This contact never affected my accuracy as far as I know, just cause some wear to the felt after 6 mos of shooting.

The LD has much more adjustability and I was able to set it up without any fletching contact on the first try. I couldn't justify spending additional money on an HD, but certainly don't be cheap; spend the extra $40 and at least get an LD.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the Omen dropped off to my local shop and new LD going on!!

Thanks guys for the advice!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts