Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had bought a QAD ultra rest and had a big chain store install it and they didn't use the clamp that came in it instead used serving to hold it in didn't realize that it had a clamp until i got home to paper tune it and could adjust the timing, so i looked around on the internet and found there should have been a clamp so i contacted QAD and they emailed me back in about a day for my address and today 2 days later i got a package in the mail and it had a clamp, replacement felt and timing cord. i thought sweet not to fix the rest but them i picked the envelope up to trash it and there what something else in there they set me a hunting dvd and a windows decal. I Just want to say thumbs up QAD that is the best customer service i have ever dealt with an any industry!!

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
I never ever use the clamps. The place you had install it did not time it properly before they served it in, in other words they just slapped it on and called it good, they didn't do their job properly. If you know what your doing tying it in is much cleaner and less wear on the cable IMHO. You can do it without the clamp.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I agree , In the past I have called them on a few things. There CS is topnotch.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nothing but good things here either! I always had mine served in (no screws to work loose) but as someone pointed out, it has to be TIMED Right. Not to bust your bubble friend but they all come with a DVD and Decal. Did you not get them in the package?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sorry, just re-read your post, the Big Store kept your video and decal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
had the exact same thing happen with my trophy taker rest. The clamp wasn't in the package and i called them on monday and they sent one free of charge and was here by wed. I love how alot of these companies are very trustworthy and helpful. Unlike every computer company.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
I think I would have gon back to the store that put it on and raised some *****.
LOL and you really know it was a nessary thing to add to raise hell about? NOT, if done properly we never ever use the clamp. They are more bother than they are worth and I have seen them damage cables. By the way we sell and install hundreds of the rests properly every year----without using the clamp.

·
Registered
623 Posts
LOL and you really know it was a nessary thing to add to raise hell about? NOT, if done properly we never ever use the clamp. They are more bother than they are worth and I have seen them damage cables. By the way we sell and install hundreds of the rests properly every year----without using the clamp.
If I was the OP I would be angry that the "Big Store" kept my DVD and sticker.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are a good group of people out at QAD just waiting to help you, not many companys like that anymore. Tru Ball is another great place will fix your stuff why you wait, I'm lucky enough to live close to both of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never ever use the clamps. The place you had install it did not time it properly before they served it in, in other words they just slapped it on and called it good, they didn't do their job properly. If you know what your doing tying it in is much cleaner and less wear on the cable IMHO. You can do it without the clamp.
Yea i know you don't need the clamp but it makes it alot easier. but that wasnt my point the point was they just slapped it on called it good and didnt give me the clamp that should have came with it and made it to where i had to spend more money on the rest to get it to time right right after spending 60 bucks on it.

Sorry, just re-read your post, the Big Store kept your video and decal.
i got everything in the package expect the clamp the dvd that was in the package isnt the same dvd they sent me, and i ended buying another one of the rest for another bow and it didn't have the sticker.

had the exact same thing happen with my trophy taker rest. The clamp wasn't in the package and i called them on monday and they sent one free of charge and was here by wed. I love how alot of these companies are very trustworthy and helpful. Unlike every computer company.
Amen to that, I am a tech at a Local computer store.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm having a bad experience with CS and QAD. At first they were awesome and no troubles. A local shop installed my rest wrong and caused it to malfunction. I called and with no problems sent the rest in to have it fixed. This would have been on the 19th of last month. Then I called on the 30th just to see what the progress was. He said they were going to ship it that day Should be here by the 2nd. Then he confirmed the address with me and had it marked to go to Maryland instead of Missouri. Good thing I called, or so I thought. After not reciving it on the 2nd, I waited and called this past Tuesday since I got home late Monday. It hadn't even been sent out yet, and apparently my address was still marked as Maryland. I am now having to wait till Monday night to get my rest back, with the season opening Thursday. Can't say I'm very happy with the situation. If in fact, it wasn't done and wasn't going to recive it till Monday that would be fine, but the fact that they lied and shipped it out a week later (and never corrected the address) rubs me the wrong way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had a great experience with them as well. Had an issue with a sticky LD when in the down position and an HD with a broken capture bar. They instructed me how to alleviate the sticky issue and then took my address and sent me two capture bars, felt and a sticker. I think they have a great product and top notch CS.

·
Registered
857 Posts
it should be good they have had plenty of practice. lol
hahaha thats funny cuz its true! :wink: But yeah QAD does indeed have good CS, always helpful, and a good product if used properly.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
I'm having a bad experience with CS and QAD. At first they were awesome and no troubles. A local shop installed my rest wrong and caused it to malfunction. I called and with no problems sent the rest in to have it fixed. This would have been on the 19th of last month. Then I called on the 30th just to see what the progress was. He said they were going to ship it that day Should be here by the 2nd. Then he confirmed the address with me and had it marked to go to Maryland instead of Missouri. Good thing I called, or so I thought. After not reciving it on the 2nd, I waited and called this past Tuesday since I got home late Monday. It hadn't even been sent out yet, and apparently my address was still marked as Maryland. I am now having to wait till Monday night to get my rest back, with the season opening Thursday. Can't say I'm very happy with the situation. If in fact, it wasn't done and wasn't going to recive it till Monday that would be fine, but the fact that they lied and shipped it out a week later (and never corrected the address) rubs me the wrong way.
I understand your frustration but usually they are very prompt and helpful. But I think the real issue here is YOUR DEALER and that is where your actual anger should be directed. He caused the problem, he did not do the proper job, he is the one that should have been bending over backward to satisfy you and have the problem handled through QAD not you. A good dealer would have replaced the rest and then dealt with the company------called customer service.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I know what you are saying but I didn't buy the rest from the shop that put it on. And with me being left handed, he would have to send it in anyways cause no shops arround here stock left handed parts so I figured it was just easier and faster for me to handle myself, cut out the middle man

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
I know what you are saying but I didn't buy the rest from the shop that put it on. And with me being left handed, he would have to send it in anyways cause no shops arround here stock left handed parts so I figured it was just easier and faster for me to handle myself, cut out the middle man
Being left handed has NOTHING to do with nothing!!!!!!!!!! That was his excuse for not wanting to handle the situation------PERIOD. His excuse for not having parts I will bet the whole house he doesn't have ANY parts to fix it no matter what side you shoot from. HE did not want to except the problem as you didn't buy it from him and fix it to your satisfaction so he is passing you off, not how a true pro shop works. He should be the one dealing with the company not you he is your advocate or suppose to be.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Being left handed has NOTHING to do with nothing!!!!!!!!!! That was his excuse for not wanting to handle the situation------PERIOD. His excuse for not having parts I will bet the whole house he doesn't have ANY parts to fix it no matter what side you shoot from. HE did not want to except the problem as you didn't buy it from him and fix it to your satisfaction so he is passing you off, not how a true pro shop works. He should be the one dealing with the company not you he is your advocate or suppose to be.
What are you talking about? I never even told him he screwed it up...Like i said, I knew he didn't keep any left handed stuff in stock and instead of seeing if he would take care of it for me I just took care of the problem myself, I hate dealing with a middle-man. I'm sure If I would have taken it back to him he would replace it for me as they are a pretty good group of guys actually, My friend who shoots for them just won shooter of the year in the bowhunter class, so I know them pretty well. He didn't even care that I bought the rest somewhere else, I told him the deal I got on it and he said he didn't blame me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts