Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off:
Bow (Mathews Traverse) is tuned. Centershot at 13/16”. Shooting bullet holes with bare shaft and fletched arrow.

I shot 2 other broadheads, and the other two flew excellent. The Exodus were way off. I tried 2 different Exodus and arrows.

Has anyone experienced this before whether Exodus or any other head? They were right at 10”-12” high and 3” right compared to other heads and field points.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Did you remove the orings? Never had an issue with them but it can happen. Have you spin tested them? Maybe call QAD. All I got good luck.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you remove the orings? Never had an issue with them but it can happen. Have you spin tested them? Maybe call QAD. All I got good luck.
I didn’t remove the oring. I did spin test them. Everything spun good. The ST Standards flew with field points from 20-70yds. At 50 yards, the Exodus were HIGH with funky arrow flight. The first Exodus got lodged in the top of my Block target, and it’s still there. The second one grazed the top of the Block going through my back stop. Those two shots were at 50.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was just going to say the same thing, if you don’t remove that rubber o-ring the flight will be way off
Wow. I feel like a dummy. I didn’t even notice the oring till y’all mentioned it.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you actually read the instructions it say "remove the O-rings.
Yes, I have read afterwards. I’ve personally never read instructions on fixed blade broadheads. I normally thought they were self explanatory haha, but you live and you learn.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Even after removing the O ring I have found them to be a little finicky. They have not been one of the best flying broadheads for me as someone stated, but they will tune pretty easily. I have found Magnus, Slick Tricks, and Grim Reapers to be some of the best. And before someone says "if your bow is tuned... yadda, yadda, yadda", sometimes you will need to make very minor tweaks to get certain broadheads to fly perfectly even after bareshaft tuning.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I have had the same issue. Normally with my setup they will fly about 4-6 inch right and a few inches high. I shoot magnus serazor as well and out to 50 yards they're right on.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shot them again after work without the oring, and the results didn’t change. I now have two Exodus stuck in my Block because of where the hit at the top. I’ll stick with other two. I’m not tuning my bow for one Broadhead.

I do like the design and beefiness, but they do not fly great out of my Traverse. My Tactic seemed to shoot them (different arrow) better. May have to barely adjust my rest 1/32” to the right.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,273 Posts
OK OP what two other broad heads? I shoot many different heads because I like to play around with them. I have some Exodus still in the pack and the pack is sealed and I haven't read the instructions yet and haven't even looked closely at them......lol. One question (for anyone) is why does a fixed head have an O ring?

Anyway OP what other 2 heads? That might help figure this out.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK OP what two other broad heads? I shoot many different heads because I like to play around with them. I have some Exodus still in the pack and the pack is sealed and I haven't read the instructions yet and haven't even looked closely at them......lol. One question (for anyone) is why does a fixed head have an O ring?

Anyway OP what other 2 heads? That might help figure this out.
They say the oring is for shipping purposes. I agree the oring is useless, and it is super tiny.

SlickTrick and Grim Reaper

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you are looking for the "beefiness" of the Exodus but you like the slicktrick...why not try a Tooth of the Arrow? 3 blade like the slicks and hefty like QAD (actually probably more hefty)

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35, RealmX, Prime CT9. Axcel sights and ARC release. Victory arrows.
1,740 Posts
Not a slightest problem.
There's QAD Swept in middle and field points left and right.
From 60m distance.

kohidistusJAviivat.jpg

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not a slightest problem.
There's QAD Swept in middle and field points left and right.
From 60m distance.

View attachment 7104989
I’m not saying they are issues for everyone. I personally can’t recall MYSELF having a different quality brand Broadhead fly so drastically different from others that I had grouping.

I guess this is the main reason we have so many companies make a product to fit our needs personally.

I’m not wanting to knock QAD either. I have a Mathews Integrate and HDX on my bows. The Exodus just isn’t for me.

·
Registered
20,199 Posts
I shot them again after work without the oring, and the results didn’t change. I now have two Exodus stuck in my Block because of where the hit at the top. I’ll stick with other two. I’m not tuning my bow for one Broadhead.

I do like the design and beefiness, but they do not fly great out of my Traverse. My Tactic seemed to shoot them (different arrow) better. May have to barely adjust my rest 1/32” to the right.
Chances are the arrow on the Traverse is slightly weaker than the arrow off the Tactic. Could also need a bit more fletching guidance. Are they fletched the same?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts