Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pros and cons to either? The barbed heads are legal in my state, so that part doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've only used full so I'm probably not much help. From what I've read the swept have a tendency to tune a little easier since there's less surface area on the blades, but I've had no issues getting the full to fly perfectly out of my setup so I don't think it's much of a difference.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use the full and they tune and fly great. If you don't get any good reasons from anyone to use the swept, it would make sense to use the full in case you get an unexpected opportunity to hunt a different state. You wouldn't have to scramble to change heads.

Reactions: RTILLER and df06

·
BowhunterT100
6,628 Posts
I have used both and have seen little to no difference between the two. They both fly the same out to 35-40 yard's, as far as blood trails and penetration I'd say the same between the two as well

Reactions: Bassattackr

·
NOOBY
1,104 Posts
I use the full. Only thing I noticed when playing and testing is when going through brush and stalking the swept had a tendency for me to catch on weeds and underbrush. Kind of drove me crazy, full didn't do that. Other than that they both fly great and are very easy to tune IMO. My go to broadhead. Devastating on white tail deer.

·
Registered
11,178 Posts
Describe the barb,swept vs the full head? What makes them illegal in some states?
Is it like a so called barbed hook? lol

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
I've shot both side by side and they fly the same. Guessing the full maybe a little more stout and maybe an issue for fatter arrows but I haven't had them on anything except standard diam carbons.

·
Registered
51,734 Posts
Describe the barb,swept vs the full head? What makes them illegal in some states?
Is it like a so called barbed hook? lol
Basically yes that is it exactly.
With that said if it isn't illegal pick one and go. I personally only use the full.

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
I have the full heads, it’s been awhile since I shot them, but my flight wasn’t spectacular compared to other fixed heads I had in hand.I really like the style and build quality.

·
Registered
Until I get paid to advertise my gear, I’m just gonna say I use telekinesis.
604 Posts
The swept look as if there's less blade material. This results in less drag, which results in better penetration and better flight.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Swept are more forgiving, full can be shot in all states. Fulls are not stronger, as they have same amount of steel where the blade ties to the ferrule, also on a full if you hit something hard it can bend the blade into your arrow ruining it, not an issue with swept. Overall if legal the swept is the way to go, otherwise, the full shoots well and kills'em just as dead.

·
Registered
51,734 Posts
Swept are more forgiving, full can be shot in all states. Fulls are not stronger, as they have same amount of steel where the blade ties to the ferrule, also on a full if you hit something hard it can bend the blade into your arrow ruining it, not an issue with swept. Overall if legal the swept is the way to go, otherwise, the full shoots well and kills'em just as dead.
Have to disagree with you. The ONLY way a full is not strong enough is if you hit something you should and even then the arrow will be toast no matter what head your using. Being full or swept has nothing to do with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts