Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a qad HDX on my last bow and I had problems with it. Vanes were hitting the cables on my bow, and my rest, and if I moved it.. No longer was it in line or tuned correctly. Looking at a ripcord SOS but like everyone, I'm afraid of change. It looks solid, very tough, and cheaper. Everyone I know shoots a qad and that's the only rest I've had. I also like the rubber on the ripcord compared to the cheap felt. Seems like the ripcord has less plastic and cheap looking parts. But qad's are proven and there is no doubt about it. What should I do on my new carbon element g3?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Skeptical that the problem was with the HDX itself. Have QADs, Smackdown Pro, and Ripcord Red and they all work for me on several different types of bows. The QAD and Ripcord have similar launchers, so IF you had contact problems with the QAD, you might have the same problem with the Ripcord. Recommend the Smackdown Pro as it sits in front of the ledge and the launcher falls on it's own rubber pads not the ledge. It is a bottom limb driven rest and is known as the fastest rest in the industry.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skeptical that the problem was with the HDX itself. Have QADs, Smackdown Pro, and Ripcord Red and they all work for me on several different types of bows. The QAD and Ripcord have similar launchers, so IF you had contact problems with the QAD, you might have the same problem with the Ripcord. Recommend the Smackdown Pro as it sits in front of the ledge and the launcher falls on it's own rubber pads not the ledge. It is a bottom limb driven rest and is known as the fastest rest in the industry.
Well I just traded my bow completely, but I could not get my old one to tune properly. Something was always hitting something else. I looked at the smackdown pro, but it is expensive.. And I'm not too sure about the idea of the arrow rattling around inside the cage. I also like that the ripcord could go to a cable since I have never tried limb driven

·
Registered
49,452 Posts
QAD If you had contact it was more than likely it was never setup and tuned properly. I haven't run across a bow yet it won't work properly on----again if setup properly.

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
SOS hands down, it is much more reliable being that your relying on your limb to go out when you shoot vs. relying that a catch mechanism will actually let the rest fall, then rely that a spring will make it fall, then rely that a brake system will work so the launcher doesn't bounce back into your arrow. Not to mention the let down feature on the qad is useless in a hunting situation, if you let down abruptly enough to bounce the arrow off the big arrow holder that every ripcord comes with, whatever you wanted to redraw on is in the next county anyways from all your movement. Add that to the fact that the SOS supports the arrow a little longer enabling better guidance to the arrow I have found my long range consistency has been much better. The cost of the SOS is cheaper and if you ever do have a problem ripcord will fix it without thinking twice. I see no benefit of the qad unless you just want to spend more money on an arrow rest.

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Well I just traded my bow completely, but I could not get my old one to tune properly. Something was always hitting something else. I looked at the smackdown pro, but it is expensive.. And I'm not too sure about the idea of the arrow rattling around inside the cage. I also like that the ripcord could go to a cable since I have never tried limb driven
Your bow will tune much better mounted to the limb, Hoyt's are picky and some of the limb mounted rests give too much support for the newer Hoyt bows.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does qad's customer support compare to ripcords? That's a big selling point for me, and are they both made in the USA?

·
Registered
429 Posts
How does qad's customer support compare to ripcords? That's a big selling point for me, and are they both made in the USA?
Awesome customer service lifetime warranty. this with my rest and broke the holder that comes up and they sent me a new one with no questions asked

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
QAD HDX, there's a reason why so many people use them. Set up correctly, they work awesome. Yes there are lots of parts working together to make it work but a vehicle works the same way, it doesn't mean it's unreliable.

·
Registered
49,452 Posts
Your bow will tune much better mounted to the limb, Hoyt's are picky and some of the limb mounted rests give too much support for the newer Hoyt bows.
Sorry but I'm going to disagree with about everything you said. If set up properly it will not effect the tuning of the bow, no matter what system.
Is there anything wrong with the ripcord-----not really but it is not my favorite. Is it any better than a QAD----nope. Will it tune better than a QAD------nope. Bottom line if you have a problem with "any" drop away rest it is probably better than a 95% chance it was never installed and timed correctly.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
QAD If you had contact it was more than likely it was never setup and tuned properly. I haven't run across a bow yet it won't work properly on----again if setup properly.
Have to agree 100% with this, if set up properly, no issues!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts