Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hdx rattles/buzzes a second or 2 after the shot. I have been talking to Joseph strong from Qad and he said they would take it for repair but I would have to pay postage. They also said the one of their bow techs said to put a piece of felt between it and the riser but that didn't work. I still love the rest and will keep using one but has anyone else had this happen.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Nope mine have been flawless for years and thousands of shots. Are you sure it's the rest? Did you take off your sight and anything else to narrow it down to the rest?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope mine have been flawless for years and thousands of shots. Are you sure it's the rest? Did you take off your sight and anything else to narrow it down to the rest?

Yeah i have taken the rest off about 3 times testing. If i nock on the riser the rest will buzz when i take it off and nock on the riser there is no buzzing.

9,039 Posts
My Hdx rattles/buzzes a second or 2 after the shot. I have been talking to Joseph strong from Qad and he said they would take it for repair but I would have to pay postage. They also said the one of their bow techs said to put a piece of felt between it and the riser but that didn't work. I still love the rest and will keep using one but has anyone else had this happen.
Okay...try a couple of things. First, take a very small screw driver to the launcher...the black plastic thing with the two prongs on it...and tighten both down with a phillips head. Most likely they have come loose or were not tight to begin with as I have seen this on one occasion before. Next, tighten the adjustment allen screws...2 of them. Next, tighten the interior allen screw on the thrumb peg...yes, there is one in there if you have the HDX. If none of that worky then send it back to QAD and they will fix it. You would have to pay shipping with any company to the facility and they will send it back to you postage paid. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay...try a couple of things. First, take a very small screw driver to the launcher...the black plastic thing with the two prongs on it...and tighten both down with a phillips head. Most likely they have come loose or were not tight to begin with as I have seen this on one occasion before. Next, tighten the adjustment allen screws...2 of them. Next, tighten the interior allen screw on the thrumb peg...yes, there is one in there if you have the HDX. If none of that worky then send it back to QAD and they will fix it. You would have to pay shipping with any company to the facility and they will send it back to you postage paid. Cheers!

Fred

I had no idea there was a screw in the thumb wheel but I did tell them that that's where the noise was coming from so how do I get to it. All other screws are tight even the launcher arms ones. I've had the rest since march and it only started recently.
And from what I've heard Bear cover costs of postage both ways haha.

9,039 Posts
On the top of the thumb wheel where the line is there is an extra hole next to the cord hole and you can stick an allen wrench down and tighten it...this is the one that allows you to adjust the cord length for proper timing if you served the cord into the buss cable. Cheers!
Fred

9,039 Posts
Is your set screw tight?...I do not use a set screw because I marry the rest to the riser. The one that everyone tightens because they do not want the rest to move? That would be the last thing I would check. Cheers!
Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts