Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on people’s experience with the QAD intergraded rest on the Mathews? Is it worth the extra money? Also what are peoples thoughts on it in comparison to the Hamskea Trinity Pro?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't have the integrated QAD (just the HDX). I will say that the Trinity is much much bigger and can have clearance issues with aftermarket grips that have "tails"

Haven't noticed any differences in actual performance with the trinity vs hdx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just curious on people’s experience with the QAD intergraded rest on the Mathews? Is it worth the extra money? Also what are peoples thoughts on it in comparison to the Hamskea Trinity Pro?
I have the integrate rest and I absolutely love it. I had the regular ultra rest before and the difference is massive. It’s a breeze to tune and the micro adjust is a game changer. Buy one preowned for the classifieds or eBay and you will spend around $120. The trinity is a tank and you can tune the drop away timing better than the qad but I just don’t think it’s worth the added weight.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I’ve had both. I’d be happy with either. Truly your preference of rest style.

I run Hamskea’s on my bows, but that’s only because I’d rather have a tank that won’t break and the ability to fix something in the field with just d loop material.

It’s not a huge deal, but I don’t like the fragility of the QADs and the inability to fix them in the field, but truly that’s their only downside. Once tuned they’re great. Quiet. Easy.

You’ll be happy either way I think though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here’s my thing, I wanted to love love love the Hamskea Trinity Pro but just couldn’t find the true advantages of the set up on either an Elite Synergy or Mathews VRX 31.5. Noisy and literally a chunk of added weight to gain what a hundredth of a second stabilization on release. With a properly tuned bow and arrow set up, I’ll take the QAD integrated rest all day long. A simple thumb flip gives you the necessary arrow capture function for any shot needed.
I still have the Hamskea set up on my back Synergy, just haven’t had the heart to pull it off. But as for my go to VXR, I’m going with the integrated QAD. Slick as sh*t
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I’ve been shooting QAD rest For prob 15 yrs just bought a new Atlas and was debating what to put on it! Think I’ll stick with QAD prob try the new inter graded. Hope it’s worth the extra money!!!

·
Slinging Arrows
1,373 Posts
In my opinion, it's no comparison. The QAD is a cable driven rest and the Hamskea is a limb driven rest. The Hamskea is micro adjust with a knob, built like a tank, works flawlessly, is easier to time and adjust and outperforms the QAD in every aspect. I'm not bashing QAD, both my kids have them on their bows. The only advantage QAD has over the Hamskea is weight. The QAD is lighter. I'll pick my Trinity Pro everyday!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I saw a guy break the capture rod off the QAD pretty easily. Its more prone to snagging.
Personally seen them break like this a few times now. If you hunt hard and potentially forget to keep an eye on your bow accessories, you’ll for sure one day rip a QAD off your bow at some point. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
631 Posts
I saw a guy break the capture rod off the QAD pretty easily. Its more prone to snagging.
They should make a version that has a beefier prong (steel inside the plastic) and maybe more heavy duty overall. You know their fans would buy them.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you are using a tightspot quiver, QAD integrate is way to go. The clean, low profile mount of the integrate gives you the ability to tuck a tightspot quiver in tight to the riser. My QAD has performed great after 2 years. Zero issues thus far. Great rest imo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts