Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I know you have to drill and tap a set screw to hold shaft for blade angle. Anyone done this and know what size set screw? Also. I have not found a blade to line up with the launcher screw holes either. How was that done? Thanks

9,105 Posts
Hi....they tried a blade adapter years ago....it just really defeats the purpose of this style of rest. Do not know the size of the screws but you could remove one from the launcher assembly and take to true value and find out.

·
Slinging Arrows
1,352 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't try and rig something, it can be dangerous. Why not just get a Hamskea with a blade already on it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colors. All about the colors lol. I don’t like black on all my bows and like to bling up my target rigs. I drilled and tapped a set screw to adjust blade angle and order some snake tongue 3 hole blades. It works perfectly like that. I wish some of these other rest came with color options. Some do, but colts just don’t match up well. QAD has some of the brightest , nicer colors on their rest.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
If you have a HDX universal mount, I will trade you for a AAE Pro Blade

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I’d order some of the long AAE blades and cut them just short of the hexagonal opening. The tall .010 would work for 3D arrows. Then tap into it with the screws used for the QAD launcher. I’m almost positive the blade will be wide enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts