Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting fletching contact on my QAD LD rest. I've had the rest, as well as the nock point, adjusted multiple times and I've still been getting fletching contact on the left side of the rest. One thing I noticed on a slow motion video of the QAD LD rest is that when the prong drops it locks at the bottom and stays there. My rest drops to the bottom, bounces up just a little, and then locks in place. The prong can always be pushed down farther after I shoot. Does anyone else's QAD LD operate like this or is mine not operating properly?

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
A few things to try. First, make sure the alignment marks are lining up within the last inch of draw, no earlier. If that doesn't help, try going to the TL1 launcher (the taller one). This may cause contact with the top bar, and if that happens, just remove it. The top bar is only needed if you plan on turning your bow completely upside down and IMO is unnecessary. I had contact issues with mine and after shortening the timing cord a hair and going with the taller launcher with the top bar removed, my problems went away. QADs are finicky to set up, but the advantages they offer are worth the tweaking required to get them running.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Put on the T1 launcher like advised above.. Set yourself 1/8" nock high. If your shooting 320fps through a chrono? You need to have the timing line over draw a hair. It makes it a tad bit faster on the action. I wouldnt worry about the rest popping up a little. I think QAD hypes that feature more than needed. Also make sure your square with the berger hole and make sure your bow is in tune. That can cause issues too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have found with most people shooting arrows with offset vanes the arrows are starting to rotate as soon as it leaves the bow string . So if you index your arrow ever so slightly to accommodate for this , things should work fine .

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I have found with most people shooting arrows with offset vanes the arrows are starting to rotate as soon as it leaves the bow string . So if you index your arrow ever so slightly to accommodate for this , things should work fine .
You are definitely correct. I've shot through paper at almost point blank and the vanes already turned the arrow about 45 degrees. 3 degree helical blazers really spin an arrow.

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
You should never need the TL1 unless you are shooting FOBs or really small diameter arrows. The TL1 will cause you to have to set the rest up higher above the rest holes to keep the ramp from smacking the self. The tighter you make the cord or the farther the alignment line passes the other the slower the rest will fall.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You should never need the TL1 unless you are shooting FOBs or really small diameter arrows. The TL1 will cause you to have to set the rest up higher above the rest holes to keep the ramp from smacking the self. The tighter you make the cord or the farther the alignment line passes the other the slower the rest will fall.
What Crackers said, plus LENGTHENING the timing cord will make the rest drop a hair faster because the tension comes off the timing cord slightly quicker. Where is your timing cord tied into your cable in relation to your rest and the bottom or your grip? QAD reccomends connecting the timing cord to your cable at least 3 inches below the rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts