Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some help here. I got a new Stealth Mach 1 a few weeks ago. I set it up with a QAD ultrarest hdx rest. I love this rest and have always ran it but I'm having clearance issues with the containment arm on the rest and the cable rod on the bow. I have just enough space to keep my containment arm from touching the rod and not getting shelf slap but I have zero adjustability. I'm using the spacer that came with the rest but still need about another 3/16" til I clear the rod. I also tried to slide the rest as far back as possible and still didn't clear the rod. I email QAD and told me to talk to a dealer but gave me no other help even after I email back with additional questions.
In any case, I will talk to my local pro shop next week when what aren't busy over the weekend but in the mean time I was hoping someone here has some experience with this. If the HDX rest doesn't work does anyone have experience with the HDX made for PSE, the MXT or the AAE DOA on the Mach 1 and how do they fit. Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I posted this same question on some other sites today. I was wondering if a hdx would fit my new pse stinger.

So the containment arm is definitely not needed?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
on all the ones I've had. the containment arm is a separate pieces that can be removed by putting the rest in a vice and tapping sideways on the containment arm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tap off the containment arm You don't need it
If I felt like I didn't need it then I wouldn't buy this rest or I would have just used a different rest when I realized it was an issue. To be clear, my original question is if someone was able to find a way to use the rest in full function or if one of the other rests I listed have the same issues from someone with first hand experience with that rest and bow.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm running a Mxt on mine and have no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Here are some pics

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
looks like the mxt has a different shape and orientation than the hdx Perhaps that would help if you can exchange yours

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks 3 blade! That was what I was hoping to hear and thanks for the pics. This is my first pse bow and I know every manufacturer has weird little stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Thanks 3 blade! That was what I was hoping to hear and thanks for the pics. This is my first pse bow and I know every manufacturer has weird little stuff like this.
Your welcome. Feel free to ask any other questions as well. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this sight that are willing to help out anyway they can.

·
Registered noob
11 Posts
My setup is with an HDX on a stealth. Here are some install pics. I'm fairly new, so I'm not familiar with the issues you're seeing. Mine seems to have no issues. LMK if you want any more pics.

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
If you can tune the bow and the rest isn't slapping the shelf, you won't need more adjustment. If you need the arrow lower, you could get the deeper launcher arm designed for PSE bows. That may cause trouble though if you have to raise the rest up because of the deeper launcher though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ufodziner it looks like you have the spacer installed but I'm glad you got your to tune out. I noticed the launcher had some rubber or something like it on the sides(electrical shrink wrap?). Did you do that yourself? If so I would like to know how. That looks slick!
Huntinsker, I was thinking about just tuning by moving the nock point like you said. Which would work as long as I don't change arrows. I'm a gear junkie so I change things a lot. I guess I just would prefer to have options. Looks like MXT is the best option to give me what I want. I'll grab one this week if any shops have it.

·
Registered
19,354 Posts
While no help with the QAD question, not a fan, but since you referenced other rests I’ll add:
I think the AAE Prophecy is a solid choice for a cable driven rest, I know from checking a few here are using them on their Mach’s.

·
Registered noob
11 Posts
Ufodziner it looks like you have the spacer installed but I'm glad you got your to tune out. I noticed the launcher had some rubber or something like it on the sides(electrical shrink wrap?). Did you do that yourself? If so I would like to know how. That looks slick!
Huntinsker, I was thinking about just tuning by moving the nock point like you said. Which would work as long as I don't change arrows. I'm a gear junkie so I change things a lot. I guess I just would prefer to have options. Looks like MXT is the best option to give me what I want. I'll grab one this week if any shops have it.
Hmmm... Okay. I did not install the rest, so I'm not totally sure about the spacer that you're referring to. I don't see one, but again, I didn't install it so I'll take your word that it's there. Thanks. There is a multi-layer covering on the fork. Not sure what each layer is exactly, but it looks to me like shrink tubing installed over the wrap that is provided.

·
Registered
260 Posts
if u take the spacer out from the rest which is between the rest an arm that is bolted the bow then put back together.when u set up your center shot it will move the rest to the left an your containment out of the way looks like a simple fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The spacer moves it away from the riser so if I remove the spacer to would make the problem worse. In any case, I went to a shop today and after I walk through it with them I will go with the AAE Prophecy. It looks like the mxt would work but after qad customer service basically pawned me off onto a dealer I would prefer another company. I was hoping a customer service department wouldn't just tell someone to take my problem elsewhere.
But as with my luck they were out of the prophecy so I'll have to wait a few more days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts