Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what I want to buy for my next bow and the monster 7 is on my to try list. is the QAD rest fast enough to get out of the way of this bow? i am sure there are a few of you who have this setup or know someone who does. will it work or do ya got any other reccomendations on a faster drop away

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
Use a ripcord code red, you will like it better.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
It is absolutely 'fast' enough and will work just fine. It is a great drop-away rest. Anyone who says that it won't work, or that there is something better, just flat out dosen't know what they're talking about. The QAD Ultra is right up there at the top with a couple of other drop-aways.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't use a QAD but I feel sure it would do just fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is absolutely 'fast' enough and will work just fine. It is a great drop-away rest. Anyone who says that it won't work, or that there is something better, just flat out dosen't know what they're talking about. The QAD Ultra is right up there at the top with a couple of other drop-aways.

x2!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Im using a Code red on my XLR8 and its fast enough. Best rest i have had so far, sold my limbdrivers and put code reds on all my bows.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
it is absolutely 'fast' enough and will work just fine. It is a great drop-away rest. Anyone who says that it won't work, or that there is something better, just flat out dosen't know what they're talking about. The qad ultra is right up there at the top with a couple of other drop-aways.

·
Registered
15,413 Posts
The QAD is fast enough for ANY bow currently on the market.
I have had them on my own Monster 6 and now on my Omen.
In the past I have installed several hundred of them on all types/brands of bows.
Never had a problem with them not falling fast enough.

The Ripcord is another excellant choice.
I, personally, prefer the QAD but I think you'd be happy with either.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The QAD is fast enough for ANY bow currently on the market.
I have had them on my own Monster 6 and now on my Omen.
In the past I have installed several hundred of them on all types/brands of bows.
Never had a problem with them not falling fast enough.

The Ripcord is another excellant choice.
I, personally, prefer the QAD but I think you'd be happy with either.
I have a QAD on my Monster 6 and my Reezen 6.5, Its a Great Rest and possibly the best.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Yeah, it'll work if set up properly. I have had it on just about every bow in the market and it has yet to let me down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did you ever need to let down slowly from full draw?

The other rests vs. the QAD do not allow you to do this. Don't let down once at full draw? Take your pick.

Any of the 3, QAD, Ripcord, LimbDriver are fast enough for any bow out there.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Really? Will he like the fact that when he lets down with the Ripcord the launcher will go down with him?

Will he like that little "click", and "drop" right before full draw with the launcher in the cocked position?

Will he want to hunt turkey with a bright red rest?

Maybe he does, but how do you know?

Look at my sig. I use both, but not for long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts