Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the QAD Ultra Rest Hunter on my bow. Should the cock-vane be positioned up or down? I currently position it upwards and shoot tight groups, but was wondeing if that may be causing the occasional "flyer".

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Hoyt Ultratec. I point the cock feather down at first and could not get clearence. I call Q.A.D. They said that something to do with the riser an that I needed the Cock feather up. They now also offer a spacer which I needed for hoyt Bows to clear the back brace on hoyts so that one can loosen the allen wrench and move the rest side to side with out having to take the rest off. Now if I could only get Q.A.D. to answer my E-Mail and sell or send me one. :sad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just had a QAD Utra LD rest put on my bow last week...and was told by the pro-shop that the cock-vane goes up.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As the others have said... Cock vane up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
beanur
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2006

I have a Hoyt Ultratec. I point the cock feather down at first and could not get clearence. I call Q.A.D. They said that something to do with the riser an that I needed the Cock feather up. They now also offer a spacer which I needed for hoyt Bows to clear the back brace on hoyts so that one can loosen the allen wrench and move the rest side to side with out having to take the rest off. Now if I could only get Q.A.D. to answer my E-Mail and sell or send me one.

They are usually pretty good about answering email.

It sounds like you aren't getting the message delivered.

Try this address [email protected]

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cock feather most definitely up!
I couldn't get clearance on my Hoyt otherwise, fletch interference.

on my Vipertec I didn't have any issues related to allen wrench clearance, I don't know what that is all about.

The thing works great for me. and dead silent on the draw with the moleskin on the rest.

·
Registered
279 Posts
With the tec riser, the windage screw for the Ultra Rest Pro Series falls directly in front of the riser. The Hunter series has the windage screw in a different place.

I don't think the spacer will be useful on the Hoyt. It is used mostly with the Bowtech Allegiance to allow more left adjustment (right handed bow).

·
Registered
894 Posts
up

Cock vane up.

As far as the TEC risers, I just cut down about 1/4" off my allen wrench. Worth the effort as I feel the QAD is the best hunting fall away out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts