Archery Talk Forum banner

QAD Timing Problem

746 3
I have a qad on my 05' justice vft the bow is shooting great but the timing lines dont meet, i have to force them to meet with my thumb so i shortened the timing cable it caused them to meet but the melted end broke so i know it was forcing it. Is there any way to fix the timing or is the rest junk? the lines meet like this _- not like this _ _.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,276 Posts
Is it the hunter model or the LD,HD model? If it's the hunter model, I think there isn't much warranty. if it's the better model, they have a lifetime warranty and just contact QAD for a RA# and ship it to them to fix or replace.

Good luck

· Registered
35 Posts
First, if you want to set the timing for QAD you have to release the screw locate in the place where the cord enters the rubber lever. Then you pull the cord to a maximum and draw the bow, the cord will be set at the proper position automatically. To be on a safe side you may pull abt. 2-3mm more. Then you tie the screw and it's done.

Take a look what holds the timing cord to the buss cable. If it's a genuine plastic clam throw it away and use the serving. The clamps used to travel over the cable and are not reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.