Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently use a Whisker Biscuit, but I am thinking about switching to a drop away rest. It will either be the QAD Ultra HD or Ripcord. Which one is better (and why)? Or are they equal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have the QAD HD Pro and I really like it. The Ripcord has a big following and is supposed to be very good also. These are both proven rest with good reputations, I think either would be fine.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
QAD HD Pro hands down is the best. Some things are done right the 1st time!!!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Both well built rests! I just like tha fact that my QAD stays up when I have to let down, especially when I'm hunting in tight situations!

·
Registered
23,297 Posts
Several previous threads on this rest comparison. I have a Ripcord on both my bows and could not be more pleased. The launcher on the Code Red is silent and the performance has been faultless.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I have the QAD HD Pro and like it, no issues at all. I haven't heard anything bad about the ripcord either. I think that either will perform about the same.

·
Registered
17,257 Posts
The Ripcord Red is a great rest but the QAD HD is a better rest, the cocking lever is in a more comfortable position to cock the rest and if it is set up correctly it is quiter.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i shoot a ripcord and like it alot. but the qad dont fall when slowly letting down, the ripcord does. i would probley go with the qad if i got another.hard to go wrong either way.

·
Arrow Chucker
4,113 Posts
I have had several QAD and haven't had a problem with any of them. I set up my buddy's bow with a rip cord and my only complaint is that if you let it down you have to "recock" the rest. My QADs stay up unless you let go at full draw. Both good rests.

·
Registered
240 Posts
qad customer service is second to none. i sent an email wanting to purchase a "containment rod" that i had somehow broken off, they asked for a mailing address and sent me one no charge. also contacted them about some replacement felt about a week ago, again willing to pay for it. got an email back and said it was on its way!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
i just got a QAD HDX. Love it!!! wayy too easy to setup and works perfectly for me. I have no experience with ripcords. I would advise against the QAD hunter though...noisy little joker. The QADs with the anti-vibration technology are the only way to go. The HDX is pricey, but well worth the money, i dont think i could ask for anything more out of mine. ALso I have had great results from customer service, i emailed them about where to find replacement felt..willing to pay for it since i jacked mine up..sent it to me no charge and sent me a sticker too...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been using the ripcord for 2 years and after reading this post I will try the QAD on my newest Mathews Z7 magnum

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Had the ripcord first. Had no problems with it but it was a little noisy when it hit the shelf. I now have a QAD HDX and I like it a little better. It seems quieter and as already stated it stays up when letting down slowly. THey are both great rests and you cant go wrong with either. If money isnt an option then I would slightly favor the QAD.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Qad....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts