Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cheese is yummy

Votes: 7 13.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just getting ready to install a used LD that I got, but in looking at it I can't see how the Blazer vanes can squeeze through without making contact, if they do it seems that it would be very close. Thoughts?

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Never had any problems with contact here, and I've done a boat load of them......:wink:

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
If the rest is working properly the launcher should be out of the way long before the Blazers get anywhere close to it. I am shooting Blazers with a QAD HD Pro right now and I have had nothing but bulletholes :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I shoot blazers with my QAD.And yes my fletchings made contact with the containment bar with both of the rest that comes with the QAD .Saying that its still the best rest I have shot.Solution, I cut the containment bar off.I would not own another dropaway rest.IMO

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I shoot blazers with my QAD.And yes my fletchings made contact with the containment bar with both of the rest that comes with the QAD .Saying that its still the best rest I have shot.Solution, I cut the containment bar off.I would not own another dropaway rest.IMO
Why not just switch to regular vanes instead of doing away with the containment bar? 4 inch vanes fly just fine for me.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
It's a very tight squeeze with my set up. Did'nt feel comfortable with that set up in the woods. You know, when you get all juiced up when he comes in range. I don't trust my form as being perfect at that time, so I've switched to shooting FFP-360's. Lower profile but the longer vane makes up for the loss in height.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
justletmein said:
I was just getting ready to install a used LD that I got, but in looking at it I can't see how the Blazer vanes can squeeze through without making contact, if they do it seems that it would be very close. Thoughts?
They don't "squeeze" through. It's a drop-away rest, which means the rest isn't going to be there when the fletching passes by...not through. :nod:

I have the QAD LD rest and love it. :thumb: 3" groups at 50 yards with field tips or broadheads. (Slick Tricks)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have killed 5 deer with that very combo this year. As long as you time it right you will be fine. I do use the TL1 launcher and I didn't install the top containment bar.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I carved away the underside of the containment bar on mine with my Dremel. It's only about half as thick in that area, but it still holds up to abuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts