Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new QAD ultra rest and want to install it on my bow. Does anyone know a good site which has a video showing the proper way to install and set this rest?
Thanks

·
Banned
599 Posts
The DVD it came with has great instructions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention that part... I bought the item off ebay and the instructional dvd did not come with it.

·
Registered
15,276 Posts
They are probably on the QAD website?
Or, you could go to a good pro shop and pay them to install it for you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Go to the wed site, they have directions on there. The installation is easy. I installed four of them and it was paper tuned within a 15 minutes. The only item is; you need to play with the nock location. They indicate 1/8" high. That is a great place to start. On one of my bows the nock point is level with the the rest and it is shooting bullets on paper.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
As mentioned, the instructions are on the website.

The big thing to remember is to time the rest to come up during the last 1/2" of draw- no sooner. You do that, and get you Vertical and Horizontal dialed in and you're there.

You can call QAD and order a DVD if you want one.

·
Registered
646 Posts
no need to do any timing. install rest on riser. splice draw cord thru your down cable about 2 or more inches below your rest and pull all slack thru. half hitch some serving string above and below your draw cord on down cable so that the draw cord can't slip up towards the rest. nock an arrow and draw your bow. draw cord will slide thru buss cable and stop at the appropriate length. now you can cut the excess draw cord off, but leave about 1/8 of an inch extra. now you can burn the end to a ball. your done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all of yalls help. I just posted a new thread stating my rest hits my shelf when it is in the drop away position. I have it set as far as I can get it away from the shelf on my PSE BM but it stills hits. Is this OK?

·
Registered
646 Posts
did you loosen the allen screw on the arrow side of the rest and slide the rest up?

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes I slid it all the way up and also loosened the rest where the mounting screw is on the riser and slid it all the way forwards and backwards to see if I could get clearance that away but it still hits.

·
Registered
646 Posts
when it hits is it at a 90* or more or less?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah it hits when it gets to the last part of the drop. It hits and bounces up a slight bit then it locks in the lock position. Will this cause any accuracy problems since it causes a slight bounce. I also don't care to much for the loudness when it hits the shelf but hopefully the sound won't matter when I'm hunting because I won't need a second shot lol. I Hope!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
focus

There are three things you need to follow. I will write them in order of importance.

1. timing
2. timing
3. timing

:wink:

If in doubt find someone to do it. A shop that installs a bunch of them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
you might put some mole skin on your shelf to help with the noise.

it sounds like for some reason PSE taps their berger hole lower on the shelf than most other companies

·
Registered
646 Posts
you let the rest time itself. period.

·
Registered
715 Posts
ok, let's say for the sake of argument that you had a proshop install the QAD hunter from your old bow to your new bow. said shop pro did just what is discussed, letting the rest set itself by drawing with the pull cord left long. it's then cut and served in pretty high in comparison to the original length of the cord. when you pick up the bow, the riser comes to 90 degrees 3-4 inches before full draw.

with the cord already cut short, can it be moved higher in the cable to establish the correct timing? or does the cord need to be pulled as straight down the cable as possible?

(i emailed QAD and their response was tight was better than loose, but i think we're talking TOO tight... Great response time, BTW. very helpful CS!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts