Archery Talk Forum banner

QAD Ultra Rest or Ripcord?

1260 21
Trying to decide between the two. Any information from someone who has shoe either or both would be a help?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
have never dealt with the ripcord but i have two qad's on both my mathews. i did have some trouble with the one and called qad and they replaced right away, since then they have both worked great. its easy to install, adjust and its full containtment. like i said i can't speak for the other but i know the qad is a good rest and great customer service should you need it.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Don't know about Ripcord but QAD makes a great rest. Get either the LD or HD if you choose QAD though because they have lockdown preventing the rest from bouncing up and hitting the fletching or arrow.

· Registered
15 Posts
I have both right now, a QAD on my apex 7 and a ripcord on my dxt, ripcord is coming off and is being replaced with another QAD. QAD is quieter due to how the rest is set up for the launcher not to bounce back...quiets it. ripcord has a little slap as it drops even with cloth under it. Also, for hunting the QAD stays up if you let the bow down, ripcord does not. IMO QAD is better.

· Registered
1,720 Posts
I just put a QAD HD on my hoyt and it's great easy to set up and tune and super quiet. The quality is also outstanding.

· Registered
397 Posts
Using the Ripcord and love it so far. Started to go with the QAD, but was told that you couldn't let down the rest (don't know if that's true or not, is it?) without pulling the bow back and letting it back down. On the Ripcord, all you have to do is tug on the string and it'll release back down to get your arrow un-nocked.

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Somebody told you wrong.. All you have to do is flip the trigger, you can just tug the string too. but the trigger is easier.

· Registered
71 Posts
I prefer the QAD myself... Just make sure it has the lock down (LD) feature on it. There all still some old ones still floating around don't by them. If your gonna buy, my advice is don't spend the 49.99 on the non (LD) model, get the LD or the HD (harmonic dampner?) model you'll be happy with it.

· Registered
1,544 Posts
i love my ripcord and have had no problems with it, i have never used a qad but it sounds like a good rest as well. i think either would do you right. good luck

· Lefty Shooter
1,511 Posts
I work in an Archery Shop and we sell over 100 or more QAD rest every year. I have only sold two Rip Cords and one of them was taken off for the QAD. The QAD is the best on the market when it comes to hunting. It will stay up if you have to let down while the Rip Cord will not. We also do a custom rap on the launcher istead of using the supplied stuff. This makes the rest absolutely silent. Good luck with your decision.

· Registered
47 Posts
I have four QAD HD's on four hunting bows. They are self contained for still hunting, quiet, and deadly accurate. :wink:

· Registered
129 Posts
I currently have a ripcord on my katera. It shoots fine but with the tec riser I cannot get the containment arm to mount properly. Probably more me then the rest but I have been thinking about upgrading to a QAD lately.
After reading this post I think I will order one soon.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
QAD...The cord will be easier to replace years down the road too, when the time comes.

Rest Stays up.
You choose when and how to let the rest down.
Rated at over 400 FPS.
Setup is easy.
Lock down feature
Break away feature
Vibration features.

...and on and on. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.