Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an ultra rest for my allegiance. After about 50 arrows i noticed that my arrow vanes were starting to wear at the felt around the right side of the arrow rest. After about 20 more the felt actually tore and I had to remove it. I'm shooting gold tips with 4" vanes. I rechecked the setup and the tension string seems to be in the right place so I think the rest is dropping as soon as i release. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I could do to correct the problem?

· Registered
28 Posts
In the same BOAT

Man the same thing happend to me the other day. Just put on a QAD Ultra Rest LD. I started with 6 Gold Tips (2" Vanes) and 5 Victorys (4" Vanes). It tore the hell outta both sizes of vanes. Some were completly stripped off. Gonna have my buddy look at it. I will let ya know what he finds out.

· Banned
2,877 Posts
Your arrows are a tad weak..try a 100 grn. tip..If you can, cut down the shaft to where your arrow is only about a half in. past the rest..These 2 things will stiffen the arrow a little. I had the same issue, but now shoot a 60 lb. bow and the 5575s work great with a 100 grn tip..At 65 lbs. they would wear out the felt on 1 of the arms because of fishtailing..Or try a stiffer arrow 7595

· Registered
1,258 Posts
sounds to me that you don't have enough tention on your trip string, your lawncher isn't tripping. i have 2 quad rests never had any problems.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your arrows are a tad weak..try a 100 grn. tip..If you can, cut down the shaft to where your arrow is only about a half in. past the rest..These 2 things will stiffen the arrow a little. I had the same issue, but now shoot a 60 lb. bow and the 5575s work great with a 100 grn tip..At 65 lbs. they would wear out the felt on 1 of the arms because of fishtailing..Or try a stiffer arrow 7595
yeah thats what mine is doing. wearing out the felt on the right arm.

· Registered
501 Posts
same here

Mine was doing the same thing. Ripped the felt right off on the right side. Eventually the rest started malfunctioning and would not fall at all. I have sent an email to QAD and got a reply a few days later. Sent an email back and heard nothing for a few days so i called them yesterday and haven't heard anything yet.

I have since bought a ripcord and love it. Wish it had the same feature where the rest won't drop on a slow let down but oh well.

· Registered
300 Posts
I didn't even bother with mine. I got a new one and had it professionally installed for me today and it works flawlessly. I just didn't want to go through the heart ache of trying to get it right.

· Registered
1,796 Posts
What it is is simply timing. When you initially set up the rest, you just snug the football clamp to the cable enough so it slides when you come to full draw. First,f lip the launcher to the up (cocked) position. When you are at full draw, the rest should be up totally vertical. If it is, then let down and this is normally where you tighten the football clamp. BUT, if you are shooting a higher speed bow, then what you do is move the football up a little bit on the down cable. What this does is cause the rest to drop faster than normal. I had to do this on my bow, and after I did, I shot X's again. One more note - the rest must be in the UP POSITION every time before you draw the bow and shoot the arrow! Hope this helps...

· Registered
1,734 Posts
nope

with all due respect the spine is not the issue. I will put these rests on all bows I sell if folks let me.

It is not tripping the mechanism. Did u use the football to attach to you down cable? If so make sure the rest is cocking in the up position, all of the way up, just prior to full draw back wall.

When you are about a half inch from full draw you should see the arrow holder launcher come up and stop. If it is not dropping it is messed up or you are creaping forward. These rests are some of the best around, when properly installed. They are not that hard. One more thing. Make sure to cock the rest up prior to drawing the bow. If it is a lock down model it may move the football cord holder or stretch the cord. It has to be cocked manually each time you shoot it.

HD is the one to have. If not get the LD model.

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
Rest is staying up too long. Have it raise up (if you didn't lock it) in the last inch or so.
Exactly! Do just like Karbon (and the instructions say) and you won't have any contact issues. :thumbs_up

· Registered
3,044 Posts
Ditto. Most people try to tackle this problem by tightening the rest cord- try loosening it. I prefer it to come up during the last 1/2" of draw, and have NEVER had a clearance problem using any fletching.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
The rest should come to full upright position and stop moving 1" b4 you reach full draw.The point were you tie the rest cord in with the bow not drawn should be in the dottom 1/4 of your grip as far as highth this will allow the rest to drop quick enough the lower you tie it in the faster it will drop also the cord it comes with is strechy so I always change it out.If all of this does not do the trick try turning your nocks a tad they reccomend cock up but you can turn it a bit for clearance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.