Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I even cleaned the fork with alchohol before putting on a new sticky pad. Still does not want to stay on.
Does anyone just pull it off and shoot off the plastic??
Alan in GA

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't because its too noisy with my arrows. Take a lighter and heat the adhesive alittle bit then try to stick it on. I've had to do this and it works really good. Just keep your fingers away from the adhesive cuz it will be kinda hot. Let me know if that works.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
what you need is one of these...

works perfectly and does NOT come off...

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I lightly sanded the forks with 80 grain sandpaper to roughen it up. Then wiped it down with denatured alcohol. Then the adhesive pad has something to stick to. Personally, I find moleskin works better than what they supply anyway.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Make sure you're not getting fletching contact. That could cause it to come loose. I've had 3 QAD's and haven't had any problems with the felt.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Normally when you peel the backing off the felt, it's so sticky that you have to be careful to get in place without it sticking to everywhere but where you want it.

You are correct in wiping it with alcohol.

I think you may have some bad felt. Get in touch with QAD and get them to send you some more.

When you put it on, try to get the tips of the Launcher felt in place and then the middle of the base. You can then work the rest of it in place.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I use moleskin on mine..Dam that Crackers does some good work

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The ONLY way we do it, is to first take some of your favorite moleskin, or other felt, and cut it to shape. You may also use the stock QAD felt, which is already the proper shape. Next, place the felt on the launcher arms, using the adhesive to hold it in place. It is best to use a material with adhesive, but SOLELY for the purpose of holding the felt pad in place, for the next step to be performed.
Then, take dental floss, braided serving, or even bowstring material, and lash the moleskin to the launcher, and voila, you are done.
This is the BEST way, because you should NEVER NEVER NEVER rely on ANY adhesive for ANY archery accessory to be held in place. PLEASE do yourself a favor, and rid your bow of any adhesive....
This is by far the best method IMO.. Everyone in our area that frequents our Pro Shop does it this way... Wish I had a pic of mine to post, but I don't. I could post a pic tomorrow if you like, but I'm sure you guys get the idea...

·
Bow Bender
6,306 Posts
Paul Cataldo said:
The ONLY way we do it, is to first take some of your favorite moleskin, or other felt, and cut it to shape. You may also use the stock QAD felt, which is already the proper shape. Next, place the felt on the launcher arms, using the adhesive to hold it in place. It is best to use a material with adhesive, but SOLELY for the purpose of holding the felt pad in place, for the next step to be performed.
Then, take dental floss, braided serving, or even bowstring material, and lash the moleskin to the launcher, and voila, you are done.
This is the BEST way, because you should NEVER NEVER NEVER rely on ANY adhesive for ANY archery accessory to be held in place. PLEASE do yourself a favor, and rid your bow of any adhesive....
This is by far the best method IMO.. Everyone in our area that frequents our Pro Shop does it this way... Wish I had a pic of mine to post, but I don't. I could post a pic tomorrow if you like, but I'm sure you guys get the idea...
Dang! I did what you said and my arrows keep falling apart!!! Just joking man.....:wink: :confused: :) :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Haha! Ok, Ok, you got me man. I forgot about arrows and insterts, and fletchings.
I guess I just can't stand having ANY item on the bow, being held in place with adhesive. Yeah, I realize sometimes adhesive may work for certain things, but I just love to see fasteners/etc used, instead of relying on glue/etc...
Ya know?

Hehe.!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts