Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use the QAD HD Pro series and have had zero problems, great rest IMO.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Qad

I use the QAD HD Pro series and have had zero problems, great rest IMO.
I love mine haven't had any problems with mine QAD HD PRO Series and never going back to another rest.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
datplanet said:
I have been reading this review on the QAD.

Has anyone used this? What are your thoughts? seems awesome.
datplanet,
Welcome to Archery Talk! :welcome:

When you're doing research on archery products, you'll find that your answers are easier to get if you use the "search" feature. This way you don't have to post something that may've already been posted/asked several times...Plus, you get the information that you're seeking quickly. :thumb:

Don't purchase the QAD Ultra Hunter, as it DOES NOT have the "Lock-Down" feature that the LD and HD models have. :hand: This is very important as you'll encounter fletching/shaft contact issues and therefore flight issues that are associated with this rest. :frusty:

I have the QAD LD and it is easy to set up, quiet to shoot and deadly accurate. I can get 3" groups at 50 yards, with field tips. Also, I can consistantly hit a 3" target dot at 50 yards with broadheads (Slick Tricks). :nod:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
i have been using one for 2 years now and it has been flawless...the only issues was when I used blazers...threw the blazers in the trash and use 3in vane and no problems

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had one go bad after several thousand shots, the customer service was great. New rest shipped fast, with no questions asked. I can't image ever going to another rest.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So, you can't use Blazer vanes with the QAD? I was seriously thinking of switching to the QAD from the Trpohy Taker, but I shoot Blazers. If you can shoot them, how do you align the cock vane?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I switched to the qad last season and love it, I shoot blazers and am having no problem with clearance, you just have to set it to drop quickly. the cord mounts to your cable, easy to install.
The other day I did have a little issue with it freezing up but in all fairness my bow was nearly ice and snow covered, I didnt bring it in to thaw and went out again the next walking thru a swamp. it did start to drop correctly again as the day went on, I tested it by hand.
great rest overall, I wont use another!!

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
love mine

I have a Quad HD Pro on one bow and a Ripcord on the other. Both are great rests and work flawlessly. I would give a slight edge to the Quad.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I have one on my Vectrix XL, the Ultra HD Pro model. Does anyone have issues with it being somewhat noisy on the shot? I need to go through my bow to make sure everything is tight. It might just be something else.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I originally bought a QAD hunter and it was crap. I could not keep my fletching from hitting it. No matter what I did, move knocking point, timing, nothing helped. Took it off and put my WB back on. I recently purchased a new bow and put a QAD HD on it. The difference is night and day. The first arrow shot after initial set-up was fine, I had no clearance issues at all. Spend the money and get the good one. HD or LD, NOT THE HUNTER!! To respond to a post bove. I shoot blazer vanes and have not problems since I got the HD.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I originally bought a QAD hunter and it was crap. I could not keep my fletching from hitting it. No matter what I did, move knocking point, timing, nothing helped. Took it off and put my WB back on. I recently purchased a new bow and put a QAD HD on it. The difference is night and day. The first arrow shot after initial set-up was fine, I had no clearance issues at all. Spend the money and get the good one. HD or LD, NOT THE HUNTER!! To respond to a post bove. I shoot blazer vanes and have not problems since I got the HD.
How do you align your cock vane? Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
So, you can't use Blazer vanes with the QAD? I was seriously thinking of switching to the QAD from the Trpohy Taker, but I shoot Blazers. If you can shoot them, how do you align the cock vane?
I use the QAD with Blazer with out any problems. I setup four bows with QAD and not one have any problems with Blazer vanes. You need to watch the video and play with the nock location. If the nock is too low you will have clearance issues.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts