Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a wisker buscuit that has a stripped out bolt that I have to tignten and loosen with pliers. Today that bolt snapped, I am having problems with my fletching (Blazers) anyway, the top vains keep getting small slits in them, there hitting the top of my wisker biscuit. I have been told it is probably tuning problems. I am going to go to my local bow shop and see what they think, if they cant help me tune it in one day I will do that, if not I might get a QAD Pro Rest. Would I be able to set it up, sight it in, and tune it all in one day? How do you like that QAD rest? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
yes...but u better have a whole day to tinker with it..I just switched from the WB to the drop away ultra rest..i am glad...but it took some time to sight it back in for some reason. maybe my WB was not exactly set up right. but i know i love the drop away and if u get one i would make sure you had some time to tinker with it..... GL

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yep you could get r done all in one day. Make sure you get set up per the instructions. I would highly recommend take it to someone who has put one on before, a lot easier IMO, then you can adjust from there. Make sure you get the LD model though. It is worth the extra $10

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yep you can! I've been using mine for three years now and love it!

Dan

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,540 Posts
Qad Ld

Took me about 15 minutes to set up. Just don't over pull on the cord. All you need is about 1-2lbs of pull to get it in the drop-away position.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
QAD/LD I think is the best and easy to set up. From start to finish it took about a half hour.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It was pretty easy to set up a QAD on my XT. The initial setup took less than 1 hour.

The only real problem I had was an occasional failure to drop away. I left too much slack in the rope. Ultimately, when the bow was at rest, I left 1/4 inch of slack and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Qad Pro Ld

Put one on my 06 Allegiance and works flawlessly. I liked it so much I just put one on my 06 Constitution for 3-d and spots. The best all around rest that I ever had period. Set-up time was along as any other fall away. I would also recommend the LD for the extra money. With the felt kit that comes with it, makes drawing your bow virtually undetectable!

·
Registered
258 Posts
My bowshop will install it free if u buy it there. They also help u get evrything set so it is ready to go when u leave the shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts