Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwas just wondering you all's thought on which one is better and why.

Oh,and which model?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
QAD........stays up on letdown, only reason. Both are great. LD,HD, HDX doesnt matter

·
Registered
37 Posts
I swithched from the QAD to ripcord because of the lack of bounce back. Both are really fine rests and work great.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I love my QAD. Also QAD has the best warranty in the business. If its broke take it to a dealer its replaced on the spot. The Rip Cord will have to be sent in.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
They are both good rests. However I had QAD HD's on my bow and my wife's and both failed after 2 seasons.
They both failed and did not drop all the way causing a massive crash ripping our fletchings off. The pro shop where I purchased them said they had seen this several other times.

I went to a Code Red on both our bows and have never looked back. Great rest and metal internal components.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Have put about 12 QAD's on my own, family and friend's bows in the last two years. I have them on my three bows and shoot every day. I've never seen one fail. Cannot comment on Code Red rests. I'm sure they are good rests based on comments here on AT.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I bought a Code Red last year. After a while it stopped working. The rest arms were locked in the up position. I called the company and they replaced it. The new rest has had a few thousand shots on it without a hiccup. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

The only two things that I would like to see different about the Code Red is a micro tuning adjustment and for the arms to stay up on let down.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I shot a QAD for about 3 years, many thousands of shots without problem. Switched to a limbdriver pro v just t try it out though

·
Registered
981 Posts
I had a code red and liked it until it stop working about a month after I got it. I have QADs on all my bows now and will never use anything else. IMHO they are the best rest out there!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I had a code red and liked it until it stop working about a month after I got it. I have QADs on all my bows now and will never use anything else. IMHO they are the best rest out there!
That's why I'm buying a new QAD LD this weekend, I like my Ripcord but hate that the launcher don't stay up on a letdown. My QAD Hunter has been flawless since 09.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ive had a quad now for about 8 months and have put thousands of shots through the bow of various arrows. The moleskin type stuff that goes on the launcher arm is start to wear slightly, but other than that, I haven't had any trouble out of it.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
i have the Ripcord Code Red and am really happy with it... having said that, I have never used the QAD.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Love my Rip Cord

·
Registered
400 Posts
QAD for me. Stays up on let down, easy set up, easy to tune, fantastic customer service. I've set up plenty of Rip Cords and they are a good rest. Too bad it doesn't stay up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts