Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a new drop away and wanted some input on the QAD HDX and Rip Cord Ace. Thougths?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Not sure on the Rip Cord ACE but my neighbor had a Code Red and switched to the HDX after a year. I love my QAD, never had an issue with it. I have been able to tune it myself and is consistant, however that could be done with any rest. It all comes down to what you want to try, I just know my neighbor had some issues (probably with tuning) of it not dropping correctly for his Code Red.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Get the HDX...or wait till May and get the micro adjustable model. Those things look amazing.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I've never had a single problem with my Ripcord Code Red. It's been on my bow 4-5 years now with many arrows shot through it. You can't go wrong with either, as long as you stay away from the low end QAD Hunter.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I'm going to have to part with the group here......I've used quite a few rests and nothing I've found is as stupid simple and reliable as the Code Red. I like the Ace, but not as much as the Code Red. Only drawback is it indeed drops when you let down....but that isn't an issue for me. I've shot 355 fps bows with light arrows and slow bows with heavy arrows......Code Red just keeps working. I use the football cable connector instead of serving it in....although I have done that as well....and have never had an issue. Plus, if you get some cable stretch, just loosen and move.

G

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
between the two it would certainly be the rip cord,, simply more dependable,,, but i would still go with a limb driver pro-v before either, or any other

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am putting a new drop away and wanted some input on the QAD HDX and Rip Cord Ace. Thougths?
I've owned both, a few models of each. No major issues with either. I do shoot the ACE now and absolutely love it. The forks staying up was important to me, plus the ease of the micro adjust was a great addition.

Additionally, I had some questions/issues with my Code Red last season while hunting in rain/snow and single digits. The customer service I received from Rip Cord was A+++++. That alone will keep me on board with them.

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
I would go with a code red. Even though I'm using a qad hdx on my Hoyt. You can't really go wrong with either.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a code red. It is my first foray into tuning a rest and I found it pretty easy. Once set I have had no issues. My rig is for hunting and I like how I can lock the arrow in the up position. I am less happy with the rest not picking up the arrow every time if I forget to lock it up, but it appears to be a trade off to get what I want. No experience with QAD.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Shot both before, and went to Limbdriver Pro-V over a year ago and there's not a chance I would consider shooting any cable driven rest anymore. I know it's not what you asked, but this has been my experience. LD's are so simple yet so effective. Love it

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Both have their followers, and both are proven. The price of Ripcord Code Red is a lot more appealing, but that's not what sold me on a Ripcord. The "Made in the USA" is what sold me (don't know the origin of the QAD). I'm a union man, and I want to keep jobs here. I don't know enough about the QAD, but too many people shoot them with great results just like the Ripcord. Buy either with confidence.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Both have their followers, and both are proven. The price of Ripcord Code Red is a lot more appealing, but that's not what sold me on a Ripcord. The "Made in the USA" is what sold me (don't know the origin of the QAD). I'm a union man, and I want to keep jobs here. I don't know enough about the QAD, but too many people shoot them with great results just like the Ripcord. Buy either with confidence.
The QAD is made in the USA as well.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Have had both. Both are great. I give them each a 9. I give the Limbdriver an 8.5 as it slipped twice on me during summer shooting. I am ordering the Ripcord ACE for my 2016 rig. I'm hoping the micro adjust and the redesigned arrow capture arm moves it to a 10.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Another vote for the HDX here. Switched a few years back and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
ive got both and id probably lean hdx. 30-40$ cheaper depending where you look. only thing i like better about the ace is the micro adjust. but once its tuned u dont really mess with it after. if qad is making a micro adjust hdx then thats a nobrainer

·
Registered
232 Posts
I currently have an ACE and my buddies shoot both a code red and the HDX and everyone is satisfied for the most part though my friend with the code red wants to switch back to a containment rest. I'm pretty indifferent really but I think the upper end of either brand is a good way to go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts