Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets post up quality vids that others might like to see.

We can get it started with Sitkas; The Linguists on YouTube
That Corey Jacobsen is a class act.....

·
Coors Light Pro Staff
1,694 Posts
Thanks for sharing Bruce, awsome vid!

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,446 Posts
In the video Bruce posted...Notice him bopping his tube around the 18.4 point... glunking

Here's a video of a bull glunking.

Elknut's video captures the actual sound better IMO

One thing I've tried (when solo calling) that had some limited success when the bull would come in closer... I took a fairly heavy stick, and thumped the end of it on the ground varying from loud to soft, or soft to loud. It sounds like an elk running away, or running in.

I've had them come in within a minute after doing that. Doesn't always work, but works sometimes.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Ya, great video. I wonder when a current Seattle TV station will have Corey on showing his bugling for hunting elk. LOL.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great video! Saw it pop up on my Youtube recommended list but hadn't got to it yet. But yesterday I listened to Randy Newberg's Hunt Talk Radio podcast episode #62 with the crew of the movie so I watched last evening. It's a great video but I wish there was more, or maybe they'll make another focusing on just it, of the conversations with the pioneers.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yes sir I really enjoyed that one!

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
A lot of good dudes involved in this one. No surprise it came out phenomenal...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny I am watching that video right now in another window on youtube!

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Great video, Beendare.

Thanks for posting it.

Having met both Larry Jones and Wayne Carlton at different times many years ago, it was great to see how well they both seem to be doing despite advancing age.

·
RJ
3,335 Posts
I too enjoyed this VID, very well made/produced. I have met both Larry D and Wayne C also (and as obvious as my long nose, Corey J is one of the best competition callers we've ever had the pleasure to hear). Great guys who will talk your ear off about elk hunting and their journeys through the years. I have not met Rocky J but would love to meet and talk to him some day. Back when my pop was calling bulls by whistling through a 30.06 shell in the 70s, some of these cats mentioned in the video were pioneering the beginnings of interpreting what wapiti were perhaps saying, needing, warning about, etc. I will say that there is one guy, not so old (well, he's older than me, lol), that has really put a lot of what some of the "pioneers" started together with his elk language interpretation... and that would be Elknut, Paul Medel. I say this from experience and going through the hard nocks of being in elk battle for some almost 40 years (geezus, I'm getting old and crusty)... the time, effort, and verbalization about what he's learned and put into print and in audio/video, is arguably the biggest thing that has hit elk hunting. Just my thoughts... If you haven't made the effort to check out what old Elknut has made available after his many years of research/experience, you're missing out on a "huge" valuable resource for both new and salty elk hunters... Just my .02. RJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts