Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw one at a pro shop near my house about a week ago...I think Elite makes the cames for the XPB. It drew a little too harsh for me, but not too bad. The grip is kind of awkward unless you like a low wrist position.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw one at a pro shop near my house about a week ago...I think Elite makes the cames for the XPB. It drew a little too harsh for me, but not too bad. The grip is kind of awkward unless you like a low wrist position.
G5 or quest does all the work and I heard they licensed the new cams for dirt cheap right before the sale...

I was hoping someone on here knew what was up and what the major differences were?

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
46 Posts
oh sorry. major differences to an elite, not much besides the grip and the new "cables thru the cable guard thingy" which actually seems like a neat idea. The XPB didn't feel any different than a Z28 during or after the shot, if thats what youre asking

·
Registered
670 Posts
oh sorry. major differences to an elite, not much besides the grip and the new "cables thru the cable guard thingy" which actually seems like a neat idea. The XPB didn't feel any different than a Z28 during or after the shot, if thats what youre asking
And from the retail price quotes I have seen, the XPB is at least $100 less than the Z.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
ttt

Quest is G5's line of bows. The bows are sweet for the price. The IGlide cable system is awesome for hunters, no moving parts. Quest is and will be about the Hunt. There IBO speeds hold true...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
They are available,my shop has had one for at least 6 weeks.
Every time I go there ,I seem to check it out.
It's a very nice bow.I like it better than the Elite because of the grip.
If I didn't allready have a new bow on order,I would seriously think
about picking one of them up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sweet bow. I've been shooting a black one for about 6 weeks. I'm getting 302fps at 62lbs 29" draw and Maxima 250 3D Select. At 7.5" of brace height, I was pretty impressed. G5 does license the cam from Elite. They actually manufacture everything on the bow (except the bowjax) verses assembling and buying the parts elsewhere. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet bow. I've been shooting a black one for about 6 weeks. I'm getting 302fps at 62lbs 29" draw and Maxima 250 3D Select. At 7.5" of brace height, I was pretty impressed. G5 does license the cam from Elite. They actually manufacture everything on the bow (except the bowjax) verses assembling and buying the parts elsewhere. Cool stuff.
What do those weigh?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts