Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed there are a number of women shooter's on this forum, maybe you can help me out. My wife really wants a bow,has for some time. I'm hoping to get her one for CHristmas. She's quite small, at 5 foot or 5 foot 1. She has that "little women complex", in that she thinks she's quite strong:wink: She's not a wimp, just a little woman. Out here, 40lbs is minimum draw weight to hunt. Do you think she could start at maybe 35lbs, and work up to about 45?If I measured correctly, her draw length is 24.5 inches. There's not many archery stores out here, so I may have to order a bow for her. Any particular exercises she should do to get more strength?The only bow I've seen in the shops that might work is a Browning Micro Midas. Perhaps there are others that will work too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
im not woman but i have gone throught the same thing finding a bow for my wife. a great bow to start her out with is a browning micro adrenilan its just the micro madis with camo and a better grip. it has a smooth draw cycle and is very light weight. resale is good on them to if she ever looks to step up to another bow. another is a PSE spyder. that is what my wife has currently with a single cam it a little harder on the draw but a little more punch for hunting. look for one in the 30-40 range to start. good luck and i hope she stays intrested

·
Registered
36 Posts
My girlfriend will be bowhunting with me for the 1st time this year and she is using the pse spyder and it really is a nice little set up for her......

·
Registered
656 Posts
pse spyder

My 12 year old daughter started shooting in February. She was 4'10" then, and struggled to pull 25 pounds on the pse spyder I bought her. I took her out shooting a lot and had her pull her bow at least 10 times a day and moved her limbs up 1/2 a turn each week or so. Six months later she has grown to 5' 1" now, and pulls 41 pounds on her spyder. She shoots the spyder very well, and she is coming with me on a hunt in December.

Only thing to be careful of is that the bow you get can hit 40 pounds at your wife's draw length. When my daughter's draw length was shorter her bow would top out below 40 pounds. It topped out at 32 pounds at first, then when she grew a bit and we lengthened the draw length it moved up to 37 pounds. When we finally went to her present draw lenght it tops out at 41 pounds.

Randydb

·
Registered
245 Posts
My wife is only 4' 10" and pretty small framed and she is pulling 54lbs with a 21.5" draw.I started her out with a Browning Micro Adren,and it was the 40-50lb bow ,but it accually went down to around 35lbs.It was a nice setup for the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts