Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got a question. I just got a 09 Bowtech Sentinel a few days ago. I switched the strings and cables out for some Vaportrail strings (personal preference wanted custom colors). I had a proshop put them on for me. When I got the bow back I measured the specs.

The factory specs for the Sentinel say:
BH- 7 inch
ATA- 36 1/4 ( or 36 12/16) inch

I measured my bow and got:
BH- 6 31/32 inch
ATA- 36 10/16 inch

These are pretty darn close, but not the exact same as the factory specs. My question is...is this close enough... or should the bow be the exact specs as the factory specs? Should I leave it or try to tweak it to make it factory specs.? If I changed it what would I need to do to bring it to the exact factory specs?

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Ok i got a question. I just got a 09 Bowtech Sentinel a few days ago. I switched the strings and cables out for some Vaportrail strings (personal preference wanted custom colors). I had a proshop put them on for me. When I got the bow back I measured the specs.

The factory specs for the Sentinel say:
BH- 7 inch
ATA- 36 1/4 ( or 36 12/16) inch

I measured my bow and got:
BH- 6 31/32 inch
ATA- 36 10/16 inch

These are pretty darn close, but not the exact same as the factory specs. My question is...is this close enough... or should the bow be the exact specs as the factory specs? Should I leave it or try to tweak it to make it factory specs.? If I changed it what would I need to do to bring it to the exact factory specs?
Factory specs are a good baseline. You should tweek your bow to get the best performance for you. Those numbers really aren't any dramatic difference. Probably a half turn and you are in there if you want it back.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i wouldnt worry about brace and ata as much as draw length and poundage. ATA and brace are good starting points

1 - 3 of 3 Posts