Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went and shot the faktor turbo and the carbon spyder 30. I flip flopped between the two and between the two, going off feel and draw cycle, I would have to give a slight edge to the faktor turbo, but only slightly. The turbo just felt a little better during the draw and felt a little more balanced.
The only thing that has me a little concerned with the faktor turbo is the the 6" brace height. I am coming from a am 35 with a 7" brace height. The turbo would be for hunting only. I just have a little worry about getting good groups at long range with it.
Has anybody regretted going down to a 6" brace height for hunting? I would be shooting the turbo at 28" draw, 60lb. I would hate to dump a grand on a bow and not like it 2 months down the road.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have shot bows from 8" brace height to 6" brace height and I shoot them equally well. My Impact is a 6.25" brace height bow and I shoot it better than any bow I've ever had, but I haven't shot it past 70 yards yet. If you shoot well already and have decent form, you probably won't even notice a difference.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cam size, The carbon spyder 30 was in the # 3b slot at 28 1/2" draw. I had to go a 1/2" longer than my normal 28" draw because of the string angle. I believe speed wise from what I read, the 28" turbo would be the fastest for my drawlength out of the three ( 30,34, turbo).
I do shoot a ton, almost everyday in the spring, summer and fall. And I feel like I have good form. I have always got my am 35 to shoot fp and bh together and get perfect bullet holes in paper.
I would really like to shoot the carbon spyder turbo when it comes in. If it feels better than the faktor turbo at all, I am going to have to start saving some dough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts