Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered a dozen cxl 250s. i have been using redlines (.460 spine) up to this point but want to try the "fatshaft" advantage!!:D :D
right off the top, i certainly hope carbon expresses arrows are better then there web site! very little help there i tell you.... no weight for the components, and no info on the spine of there shafts....i shoot a UT cam.5, 61# 28"draw and want to get about 310-315 arrow weight. i know the shaft is 6.9gr per inch but can anyone tell me how much the provided nocks and inserts weigh??? i am trying to figure out how long and how much tip weight i will need....:(
any opinions on this arrow?? i hear good things about them...
thanks

·
74,535 Posts
Good shafts

Lots of folks are using them. I shot them earlier in the season, really no complaint from me. Just give them a shot and see if there for you. Gives you some linecutting.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
cxl 250

I shoot the CXL [email protected]" with bushings and easton nocks with 90 grn. in the [email protected] 315grns. 2.3"duravane3d ,out of 2003 ultra tec 62 lbs,the fly great, but if you shoot tight groups you can crush the sides,just like any easton 12 series GARY COFFEY

·
Registered
84 Posts
Make sure you put bushings in the CXL 250. It protects em from nock strikes and damage when shafts slap together.

Will

·
Registered
252 Posts
Go to Lancaster archerys' web site and click on products. The various components available for those shafts are listed, along with their respective weight in grains. Hope this helps.;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have have used it in the past. No complaints and really enjoyed them.

My suggestion is to give them try and see what you think of them.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
701 Posts
##

arrowwrecker,,,

the nocks that come with the arrows weigh 10.3 gr
inserts weigh 28 grs...
i shoot 28 inch, cxls use inline nock adapters that weigh 7 grs and inline nocks that weigh 5 grs use 3 inch feathers also use cxl target points can adjust weight from 50 to 125 grs my setup comes in at around 310 with 90 gr tip,,,

if you need to use inserts get some c. e. target points they can adjust from 100 down to 70 grs..

hope this helps >>>>>>>>>------------>> Rangerunner

·
Registered
374 Posts
I shoot the CXL 250 and have had good luck with them, this is the first season using them. I have heard you can no longer get the nock bushing for the Easton "G" nock. I hope this isn't true. The bushing really protects the nock end of the shaft. Luckly I bought 6 doz bushings when I purchased the shafts.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, everyone for the help..just one more thing!:D
the bushings and nocks i want are made by easton right..so what size would i ask for at an easton dealer??
thanks again everybdy..i am really looking forward to trying them..(should have them by the weekend)

·
Registered
348 Posts
unibushing

2212/2213 those will work, and to my unerstanding from talking to lancaster's the 2213's fit better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts