Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shooting today to try out my Target rig; Bowtech Pro40 Dually. I tried using my Carter Insatiable 2. When I started the draw, I got a mis-fire and launched my arrow down the range. :eek: I have no clue what went wrong, Lugnut let me try his BT release when we did some bwo tuning at his place and I was able to draw the bow just fine with out a mis-fire.

Any ideas where I could check for a problem (besides the shooter :wink: )

Thanks

-Rich

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
You either hit the trigger with your thumb or don't have the set screw adjusted properly for enough travel. When setting the screw for travel, you should always test fire the release by tugging on a piece of release rope or a shot trainer to get it set correctly.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Insatiable 2!!!

Great release!!!! I did this once myself. There are 2 types of insatiable 2's. There is one with the hole in the handle for the index finger and the older style without the hole. There is a cocking hammer on the back of the insatiable 2 that does not have a preload spring. I wish they had the same mechanic's as the Chocolate Addiction but they don't. It is important that the hasp on the trigger guard is in the open position when you cock back the trigger. You then have to use your index finger to close the hasp around your loop. What happened in my case was I was in between and the hasp did not fully lock shut and while drawing the bow it went off. Very embarassing in league shooting to say the least. After that I always made sure the hasp was open by turning the release upside down and giving it a little jiggle then cocking the trigger and then attaching it to the loop. I have never had any problems since. Hope this helps. JJT

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Unfortunately Darlin'.....

As much as I have given credit to my I-2 release for my good and bad shots...it didn't/couldn't do it all alone...:confused:

Being an "Expert" in the "Pre-Release of an Insatiable 2" catagory....It is operator error for the 3 reasons stated above...which once again are:

1. You did not properly cock and hook onto the string....you will know that one real quick...with very little draw...:wink:

2. You have the set screw set too light.

3. You have apprehensively put your thumb on the top of the trigger during your draw before finding your facial anchor spot.

I have had mine for over 2 years with no mechanical failure...You have a great release, just take your time in your set up and execution.

..and then you too can say....

"PREGO"...It's in There!!!
:rock-on:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's great that you guys can cheer me up when I'm down (it's not archery related):cry: ...

I will take a look at my setup again, and check those set screws.

Thanks for the great replies. :pepsi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts